Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy your day @Anonymous 

Message 21 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a great day @Anonymous . Yes you are absolutely right... returning from Spain is a nightmare,

due,in no small part, to the change in weather!! Smiley Frustrated

I also have a new toy to play with. I have bought a HP 10" Slate HD Tablet....(In bright red!)

Getting that up and running is my next techy challenge so fingers crossed...

All I can say at this point is..Its red...looks brilliant..and it is charging as we speak  LOL

@Anonymous  please don't worry about knowing anything re Stanley Unwin

I too remember him well...and used to have a lot of fun trying to decipher what the heck he was on about.

He really was a 'one off' Surprised...a very funny man.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon @Cleoriff.  

I have only ever been to Spain once - and I won't be going back any time soon.  We went to Barcelona - and my wallet  was taken by a pickpocket on the Metro.  Fortunately I did not lose much of value and I was able to report the loss of my bank card to the appropriate people within a few minutes of the event.   However, it ruined the holiday and we were very nervous and unsettled for the rest of our stay. We have never felt that way in England, Scotland, France or Italy where we have had wonderful holidays. 

Barcelona is a rather rowdy and unpleasant place - and when there is a major football match on it resembles a WW1 battlefield with very scary looking riot police up every alley and side street.   

Gerry

Message 23 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whereabout in Italy have you been @Anonymous?

Message 24 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

We have been to Rome, Florence and Venice (In Venice we experienced an earth tremor - aftershock of earthquake near Bologne.) Florence and Rome were superb - I never thought I would ever see Michelangelo's David, the Brunelleschi Dome, the superb Sistine Chapel murals, the Trevi Fountain etc. etc. Wonderful memories.

Gerry

Message 25 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I agree about Barcelona. It can be beautiful out of season and with less of the crowds.

I have been there twice. The first time I loved it...the second time I couldn't wait to get away...

I have an apartment on the Costa Del Sol...we have had it since 1986..so it is our second home I suppose.

Unfortunately since the recession, Spain like many EU countries has been plagued by people who think tourists are easy pickings. I think because I know it well, I can recognise these folk and know how to steer clear

(I hope that isn't pre-empting anything by sounding a bit arrogant, but so far so good)

Obviously I feel much safer there than anywhere else. slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff  I know that I should not really allow my view of Barcelona to be unduly coloured by that one sad experience,  especially as I was not physically hurt.  The whole episode was carried out in such an  expert and planned way and everyone else around me just stood there watching but doing nothing.  And when I reported the the theft to a station official he just shrugged his shoulders - but perhaps that was becaue his English was no better than my Spanish.  However, I learned a valuable lesson!

Strangely several small purchases were made using the stolen card - all but one for trifling amounts less than £5. The other was for £30 approx.  As I had reported the loss quickly and the card was cancelled the Bank eventually made good the loss.

Gerry

Message 27 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

If I was able to go to Italy 

& one place only

it would have to be Florence

for the Arts/architecture stuff

WispaRed7:smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi.

http://www.belvitabreakfast.com

@Anonymous 

enjoyed a Belvita biscuit (strawberry with youghurt) + Greek youghurt + NO peaches as they need to ripen in the house ..... ..... ..... for brekfast outside in my yard + cuppa Twinnings everyday decaff tea = lovely crumbly tasty healthy biscuit

I ordered a few more in my supermarket online shop yesterday

..... ..... ..... ..... .....

& enjoyed using my laptop outside on the table this today = keeping a close eye on the battery icon

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... 

white sky + mild + a gentle fresh breeze today

in my purple/pink stars/onesie of course Smiley LOL

WispaRed7 :womanvery-happy:

Message 29 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning All,

A beautiful sunny warm morning here and only half a day to work today. slight_smile

Meeting my better half for lunch in our City Centre after work.

Happy Days. slight_smile
Message 30 of 7,616