[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,706
11,705 REPLIES 11,705

RunrigForever
  • 2160 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @AlexanderMTTH ..... Just read your post above: Hope you enjoyed your day as you planned.

tbh Alexander I don't do anything special anymore - did when a little younger shall we say *winks*

This year my wonderful son, who has the same Christian name as yourself ... well ... he had an appointment on 1 April booked with BUPA for an ailment which has been going on for some time = his health decreasing ..... I was on tenterhooks as you will imagine ..... Weekends and Evenings are Quality Time with his lovely wife who I love as much as my son ..... Hope to hear from Alex on Monday ..... he works from home so usually calls me during the daytime.

Do you have a middle name Alexander ? ..... my son's is David as a nod to having some Welsh blood in his veins c/o my dear mum Olwen, bless her.

Hope to see you continuing posting Alexander ..... perhaps a virtual drink in the Virtual Lounge sometime xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 10821 of 11,706

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

Oh no, S#2 has discovered he can tell Alexa to fart... 🫣

Message 10822 of 11,706

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Love it @pgn 😂😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10823 of 11,706

RunrigForever
  • 2160 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need a virtual drink .......

Small Zinfandel in large wine glass with a glass of ice and a glass of lemonade ..... for me to mix the lot and sip the results happily 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 10824 of 11,706

AlexanderMTTH
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey

@RunrigForever wrote:

Hello @AlexanderMTTH ..... Just read your post above: Hope you enjoyed your day as you planned.

tbh Alexander I don't do anything special anymore - did when a little younger shall we say *winks*

This year my wonderful son, who has the same Christian name as yourself ... well ... he had an appointment on 1 April booked with BUPA for an ailment which has been going on for some time = his health decreasing ..... I was on tenterhooks as you will imagine ..... Weekends and Evenings are Quality Time with his lovely wife who I love as much as my son ..... Hope to hear from Alex on Monday ..... he works from home so usually calls me during the daytime.

Do you have a middle name Alexander ? ..... my son's is David as a nod to having some Welsh blood in his veins c/o my dear mum Olwen, bless her.

Hope to see you continuing posting Alexander ..... perhaps a virtual drink in the Virtual Lounge sometime xx slight_smile

Hey! Thank you for the nice message! I do not have a middle name, unfortunately. I would've liked one, but I think my folks might be unidirectional with these matters. I've grown up around the world, as we needed to travel due to my dad's work, so that might've inspired them to keep it short, I suppose. 

Oh, hope Alex called you today with good news! I too work from home, most of the time, so I make most of the calls during work time! I realised, just now, when you said that it might be a common practice of sorts. Since I started working from home a few years ago, my partner got so much spare time as I'm doing most of the housework... bet no one looking got a divorce now haha! 

Great to hear about your Wealth roots. I did one of the DNA tests a few years back (it was about £200... thanks Gd it was a gift!) and I have about 30% greek or Mediterranean... not sure where that comes from, but somebody must be naughty down the bloodlines since none seems to know anything about that. It's not like the Greeks conquered Britain and it's in the DNA pool. - I'm joking, but I did ask the ones I still have alive, as they are only 3 left.

I just discovered this chilled section of the forum, and most surely will want to grab a virtual drink here! 

Have a good week everyone! 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 10825 of 11,706

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

HAHA! I just tried it with Google HOME! Most weird, but it works. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 10826 of 11,706

RunrigForever
  • 2160 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @AlexanderMTTH for your informative and may I  say relaxed post above

My son called me yesterday and the upshot is he has an MRI scan booked next Tuesday at Newcastle via BUPA ... he is relieved somewhat and so am I ..... the NHS hospital in Newcastle only had one scanner working so he was put in a portable scanner - he managed 5 minutes and was not able to continue as he says himself he has 'thick shoulders' and was practically touching the scanner ... thankfully his consultant was in the room behind the protective screen and asked if he was alright = he wasn't so the consultant 'pulled the plug' and was understanding ... what started with Alex eating a bad egg 4 weeks ago has brought gallstones to light ... feel sorry for the lad who has continued to work from home ..... now his wife had come down with Covid, she is working from home too

Yes, Alex does the housework, he always has since they lived together then married nearly 5 years ago now

I taught him so he would not need anyone else to that for him / when he found a partner he had some home skills to bring 'to the table'

Yes, let's have a quiet drink in the Virtual Lounge sometime soon

I am going out now to post 2 letters 

Keep posting on O2C forum 

XX slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 10827 of 11,706

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

What are everyone's weekend plans 😊? I'll be watching a mix of golf and football, and some friends are visiting tomorrow. It should be good weather (still fairly cold) tomorrow, so may go to a new park. Possibly cycle to Primrose Hill 😍.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 10828 of 11,706

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I'll be propping my eyes open with matchsticks @lewys-gp, to watch F1 from Australia.

Qualifying at 6am tomorrow and race start 7am Sunday. 😴😫

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10829 of 11,706

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions
Message 10830 of 11,706