Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on my 3rd now 😁
Message 8872 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news. I have booked my Covid Injection (and Rays).

Bear in mind my GP doesn't do the vaccination. If yours does, then follow advice from them

Fed up of waiting for a letter I rang 119. A lot of IVR to navigate but if you are 70 or over, (or vulnerable/shielding etc and have no letter as yet)....this is the way to do it.

1) Make sure you have your NHS number at hand

2) Your phone number to receive a text. (or an email address)

When you phone 119 and if you live in England, press 1. Then the dreaded IVR begins. Just keep pressing the option for Covid info.

3) Now  here's the trick, when you think the IVR has finished DO NOTHING and wait for a few seconds.

Then you will be given an option to book an appointment and you get put through to a human.

HOORAY.

4) Tell them you want to book an appointment as you are concerned you haven't had your letter.

5) They will take your NHS number, Name address and postcode. (they ask NO PERSONAL Questions)

6) They give you the date of 1st AND 2nd vaccination. Take your phone number and the vaccination centre nearest to you.

Mine is at the chemist down the road (about 2mins in car)

7) Before you get off the phone you will get a text (or email) giving you the date and time for both injections.

Finally, whilst I was on the phone booking mine, I also booked for my husband. So we are having ours tomorrow and Saturday.

The joke is, just as I put down the phone, my NHS letter inviting me to book my vaccination, arrived joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8873 of 11,701

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Still not had a letter but I'm not going through all that palaver

I was at the hospital on Tuesday and when I mentioned it they said wait for the letter

So wait I will wink

Message 8874 of 11,701

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really pleased you and Ray have got appointments for you Covid vaccine injections @Cleoriff .

Hope all goes well for you both with visit to chemist.

Also good to hear - albeit after your phone call - that you have had a letter, which seems to show system is working.  

I`m going to wait for my letter.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8875 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff pleased to hear you and Ray have your vaccination appointments and at a place nearby. Thank you for the info.
Message 8876 of 11,701

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Absolutely fantastic information @Cleoriff thank you very much for posting that, it took some typing up, well done you are a 🌟 🌠

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8877 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Absolutely fantastic information @Cleoriff thank you very much for posting that, it took some typing up, well done you are a 🌟 🌠

It was quite complicated initially @TallTrees but luckily I had to ring back to book Ray's appointment, as I didn't have his NHS number at hand. So the second time I rang, I remembered the part about staying silent when the IVR finished and I got through very quickly.

I also felt it important to say how surprised I was that NO personal questions were asked about health or pre-disposing conditions.

All confirmed by text before we disconnected the call.

If it helps anyone on here then I'll be happy. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8878 of 11,701

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well it certainly will help...all information is helpful...we have an information grape vine here..it's essential when the Government info is poor and understandably people are concerned @Cleoriff

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8879 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I do have to say, 'the letter' only invites you to make an appointment.

Either Online or via 119.

The problem with online bookings, the nearest vaccination centres are usually miles away ie Birmingham.

Probably due to the website not being updated on a daily basis.

Phoning 119 gives you options much closer to home. For instance the chemist we are booked into only started their vaccination programme yesterday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8880 of 11,701