The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8599 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125921 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You always end up coming away with more than you went for. I'm with Ray on this one.....

@jonsie 

Well we fell out! It was pouring, I went in and he came back with a small trolley...I said what's that all about? 'If we need more, I'll get another trolley' says he. This trolley was packed before I was half done. I looked round and he, along with the trolley had disappeared!! I sat on a bench waiting for his return. No such luck...I wandered up and saw him standing at the till!

When I asked what was happening he said 'I thought I would pay for these then come back with the trolley I said Really?...it didn't occur to you to leave that trolley with me and go and get another one...then we could take BOTH trollies to the checkout at the same time????

Silence was rather golden. I just called him a rude name, demanded the car keys and stomped off,leaving him to it.

Rather ruined his plan though. I have told him we will go back tomorrow for the rest. He bowls on a Saturday. That will teach him.  rage

PS I do have 26 pots to fill by the way...cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4241 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I still sympathise with the poor downtrodden man Happy Dance

But tell him from me that Bowls is a little like golf. .. a walk ruined chasing a little ball, played by pensioners when there is no footy to watch!

Message 4242 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125921 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Downtrodden? More like stupid as usual..... when it comes to anything gardening related innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4243 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Downtrodden? More like stupid as usual..... when it comes to anything gardening related innocent

Very harsh given all his help in the garden whilst someone was sunning their self in Spain!

Message 4244 of 12,007

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
Careful @jonsie, don't bring up the (near) death of the bush again!!
To be fair, you should have left him on a bench by the tills @Cleoriff while you went round with the trolley and he just paid and put it in the car...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4245 of 12,007

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25602 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m loving reading this. Better than tv. Got all the stuff for compulsive viewing. Will they return to the garden centre? Who`ll drive? Will plants be thrown out the trolley [rather than toys out the pram]? LOL And, as I missed an earlier episode, what`s all this about the near death of a bush?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4246 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
Putting it briefly @Mi-Amigo, @Cleoriff was away and her husband had a list of jobs to do including trimming back some greenery in the front garden.
On her return he had hacked it back to about 6 inches tall. She was not pleased...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4248 of 12,007

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25602 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Putting it briefly @Mi-Amigo, @Cleoriff was away and her husband had a list of jobs to do including trimming back some greenery in the front garden.
On her return he had hacked it back to about 6 inches tall. She was not pleased...

I take it that @Cleoriff loves her garden?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4249 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Outrageous understatement....

Message 4250 of 12,007