Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3361 of 11,701

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I love some of the comments on there and the memes

I did laugh at them but really, he could have killed that little kiddie, not to mention the two ladies. I'm sure that will be the end of his driving on public roads. I may be doing him an injustice, there has been no real explanation on the BBC as to what happened but it does seem obvious he pulled out of the side road (only conjecture on my part!) and the sooner he stops getting behind the wheel, the better.

Message 3362 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I love some of the comments on there and the memes

I did laugh at them but really, he could have killed that little kiddie, not to mention the two ladies. I'm sure that will be the end of his driving on public roads. I may be doing him an injustice, there has been no real explanation on the BBC as to what happened but it does seem obvious he pulled out of the side road (only conjecture on my part!) and the sooner he stops getting behind the wheel, the better.

I agree @jonsie and everyone on the news seems to be 'bottling' making that comment, purely because of who he is.

Making more of the fact that it was 'miraculous how he, aged 97, got up and walked away with no injury.

I think Eamonn Holmes did ask if he had been breathalysed. Though even he hid that comment behind 'someone had queried'...

Apparently, according to ITN news just on, he is in hospital having a check up...there are some eye witness statements just coming up...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3363 of 11,701

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Sorry, but he really shouldn't be driving at 97. His reaction times will be a lot slower than someone even half his age.

Let's hope he doesn't get behind the wheel again for all our sakes and his. Let him get used to being driven. It's hardly a bad thing.

Message 3364 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Sorry, but he really shouldn't be driving at 97. His reaction times will be a lot slower than someone even half his age.

Let's hope he doesn't get behind the wheel again for all our sakes and his. Let him get used to being driven. It's hardly a bad thing.

Eamonn Holmes on This Morning mentioned this. The response from the Royal correspondent was 'Ermmm...have you ever spoken to Prince Philip...can you honestly imagine him agreeing to that?'

So then EH said 'Well probably the Queen could make him?' More eye rolling from the royal correspondent.

What I think was weird, he was 'returning from his cottage on the Sandringham estate, to the palace'.

Why the hell does he need a bloody cottage to escape to? thinkinginnocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3365 of 11,701

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Eamonn Holmes on This Morning mentioned this. The response from the Royal correspondent was 'Ermmm...have you ever spoken to Prince Philip...can you honestly imagine him agreeing to that?'

So then EH said 'Well probably the Queen could make him?' More eye rolling from the royal correspondent.

What I think was weird, he was 'returning from his cottage on the Sandringham estate, to the palace'.

Why the hell does he need a bloody cottage to escape to? thinkinginnocent

He needs a 'bloody cottage to escape to' presumably to get away from the queen and all the ceremony that goes with her 'job'.

Message 3366 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well perhaps someone should drive him!!.

I saw on the news a brand new Range Rover being delivered to Sandringham. I hope someone from the Royal Family delivers a new car to the other family!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3367 of 11,701

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well perhaps someone should drive him!!.

I saw on the news a brand new Range Rover being delivered to Sandringham. I hope someone from the Royal Family delivers a new car to the other family!!

The least they could do, I would have said. Imagine if either that young boy or the ladies had been injured or, God forbid, killed. There'd be no joking and he wouldn't be driving again whether he liked it or not. And that's the least of what would have happened.

Message 3368 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It's interesting to note that the borough council have been asked for years to put traffic calming speed humps on this road, along with speed and CCTV cameras. They have always refused.

After this accident, they have agreed to all the proposals.

So....it only takes the risk of injury to the Royal Family before they see sense!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3369 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Happ birthday Jane

Image result for Happy birthday gifs

Thank you @jonsie for your kind birthday wishes. Luv the sparkly picture xx kissing_heart

Message 3370 of 11,701