Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UK will have its second female PM

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The election will be between the two women.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36737426

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for the info guys
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

I fear for us and the American people whoever gets elected in the respective governments. 

Message 22 of 29

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I share your fear @jonsie, although I do think that Hillary Clinton, even as imperfect as she is, will handle the job better than Trump, who is without a doubt the singly most unqualified person ever to run for President.

As far as this country goes, the state it is in is succinctly summed up in this quote by Thomas Opperman, the leader of the Social Democratic party in Germany:

"David Cameron turned an internal conflict in his party into a conflict of society. In the end, he turned a divided party into a divided country. Demagogues like Johnson and Farage, in total irresponsibility, created chaos, lied to people, made promises they couldn't keep and now ran away into the undergrowth."

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 29

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
So sadly very true.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think Thomas Opperman got that absolutely correct. It will now be left to others to clear up the mess. I doubt anyone will manage to do this. Those that caused it will be long gone to their 'villas in the sun'..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 29

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I share your fear @jonsie, although I do think that Hillary Clinton, even as imperfect as she is, will handle the job better than Trump, who is without a doubt the singly most unqualified person ever to run for President.

As far as this country goes, the state it is in is succinctly summed up in this quote by Thomas Opperman, the leader of the Social Democratic party in Germany:

"David Cameron turned an internal conflict in his party into a conflict of society. In the end, he turned a divided party into a divided country. Demagogues like Johnson and Farage, in total irresponsibility, created chaos, lied to people, made promises they couldn't keep and now ran away into the undergrowth."

Pretty much spot on I'd say Mexican Wave

Message 26 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

A little off-topic but I'm interested @Bambino; What were your views of Bernie Sanders as an American?

Get involved:

Message 27 of 29

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Bernie Sanders actually comes from the same neighborhood as me (although he's a lot older). I went to the same schools as he did. Unfortunately, that's where the similarity ends. His policies are well intentioned, but are way too far to the left for my liking. I think the tax burden he was proposing to pay for what he wanted was going to be too extreme, even for middle income people. That's my take on it @Toby.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 28 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for your thought on that @Bambino. I liked the way he out his points across. Not enough to secure the candidacy however of course!

Get involved:

Message 29 of 29