Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Trump Organisations Luxury Apartments in Mumbai

Bill1945
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

During a stay in India 6 years ago (Delhi, Mumbai and Goa) I witnessed some of the worst poverty I have ever seen in the world (and I have seen plenty). I hope that many of your contributors are from The SubContinent and therefore be able to see my post. The polarity is unbelievable and the opportunity for a better quality of life is impossible for a vast section of the community (including education at school and college/university level).

Now I read that the Trump Organisation are selling/renting apartments in Mumbai for over a million dollars and the average Indian earns $2000 dollars per year. You will see the polarity when the apartments are "Snapped up" by the Middle Classes and the rest live in tented "leanto's" outside the Officers Club,the Municipal Dumping Ground and the areas surrounding these monstrosities. 

So much for taking care of your fellow human beings.

Bill 1945

Give the People a Voice
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is POTUS a member here? 

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

My son is in Goa now and had a days stay in Mumbai en route. Both areas are as you say, however those places designed for tourists are completely different.

You could say the same about other countries though @Bill1945. We went to Tunisia some years ago. We were advised to stay within the hotel's massive complex. 

We chose not to and what a different world it was outside. Beggars everywhere, housing was appalling and such poverty. Mothers with drugged babies in their arms begging for money.

I was glad to get back to our hotel complex.

So yes, what Trump is doing is obscene, though I'm sure other developers would do the same sort of thing.

Sadly this is the world we live in.

@jonsiehas relocated to Thailand and he sees great disparities in lifestyle in various area of that country

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

@Cleoriffwrote:

My son is in Goa now and had a days stay in Mumbai en route. Both areas are as you say, however those places designed for tourists are completely different.

You could say the same about other countries though @Bill1945. We went to Tunisia some years ago. We were advised to stay within the hotel's massive complex. 

We chose not to and what a different world it was outside. Beggars everywhere, housing was appalling and such poverty. Mothers with drugged babies in their arms begging for money.

I was glad to get back to our hotel complex.

So yes, what Trump is doing is obscene, though I'm sure other developers would do the same sort of thing.

Sadly this is the world we live in.

@jonsiehas relocated to Thailand and he sees great disparities in lifestyle in various area of that country

@Cleoriff  That's very true about it being more of a global issue. I remember holidaying in South Africa about fifteen years, and even the taxi ride from the airport was an eye-opener. You can see images of shanty towns on television, but nothing quite prepares you for the sheer size and scale of them as you see them in real life. But it's seeing them flanked by golf courses, and hotel complexes that really brings it home to you. People often talk about the gap of inequality between the social classes, but I think most of us can thank our lucky stars that we live in Britain.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is the development in Mumbai that we’re talking about:

https://www.lodhaluxury.com/trump-tower-mumbai/

I couldn’t find any information on prices, but I suppose that tells its own story  thinking

Edit: Blimey, you only have to click on the link marked “privileges”, to understand how rich you need to be, to afford one of these pads. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if I was ever in a position to think about buying something so expensive, Trumpland would be the last place I’d be looking at.

Ghastly man.. second only to Murdoch (shudder)

Message 6 of 6