Did you mean: 

The Spanish Plume (Weather)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Just for a bit of fun I thought I would bring some good news.Bouncy

According to this report, the UK is about to see a weather phenomenon called the Spanish Plume which will bring temperatures up to 30c here. Warm air from Africa is pushed up from the Iberian peninsula towards the UK

Piers Corbyn, forecaster for WeatherAction, said "from Wednesday onwards we are now looking at a period of very warm and at times hot and dry weather with the possibility of heatwave conditions building.

I have highlighted Wednesday ...as that's the day I fly to Spain Rolleys

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-spanish-plume-could-8377051?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Spanish Heatwave to head to GB

So whilst you lot are 'basking in a heatwave'......I will probably get the 'Rain in Spain falling mainly on the Plain'...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I hope it cools down a little for you! I'd melt into the tarmac as soon as I got of the plane in that heat!

@jonsie That sounds just right. The high humidity we seem to get on hot days here definitely gets to me. Much easier when it's dryer. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have to say after all these years of going there @Martin-O2 I never get used to the wall of heat that hits you when they open the door of the plane. Mind you there are plenty of pools and cold showers Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 91

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have to say after all these years of going there @Martin-O2 I never get used to the wall of heat that hits you when they open the door of the plane. Mind you there are plenty of pools and cold showers Bouncy

I suppose on the plus side the evenings are lovely on super got days like that. You just have to hide out during the day time! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 33 of 91

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I've never experienced this wall of heat you mentioned @Cleoriff. 😞 Hoping to get to visit a hot and sunny place some day.

Message 34 of 91

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Car exterior temp gauge was showing 38c @ 70mph on the motorway today so probably around 42+ if you were static in the shade
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 35 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
@Anonymous exterior temp gauge was showing 38c @ 70mph on the motorway today so probably around 42+ if you were static in the shade

A shock to the system leaving BHX at (possibly) 11c at 4am then?.....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 91

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

42c must feel like this Smiley Very Happy

sunshine.jpg

signature

Message 37 of 91

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 38 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You not there yet @Cleoriff....I've been out and done a full day's work.....Smiley Surprised

Oh I am here @jonsie. Landed at 10.30am where the temperature was 32c. So plenty done since I arrived.

Including two cold showers ....Confused

Anyway a little cooler now

and looking at that battery level...I must away to get it charged up...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 91

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions