Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Good Wife/The Good Fight

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymousand I got to talking about the above two shows; the Good Fight being a spin-off from The Good Wife.

Now I know there are two of us interested in these shows and @Marjo has also mentioned liking The Good Wife and asking about the spin-off series.

So I've set up this thread which may only be of interest to the three of us. But if anyone else has watched these shows, please feel free to join in. The more the merrier 😊

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Got it! Good points and makes it even more interesting to see if she succeeds. After all as the saying goes "there's more than one way to skin a cat". If this plot doesn't work, and I'm guessing it won't for the reason you state (and I agree with your view) she'll try something else.

Message 31 of 73

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

So @Anonymous a really good episode. And as you don't mind spoilers, here's a precis of what happened:

More info
Marisa opened an envelope that had a powdery substance which went on her lap, her hand and the letter was headed kill all lawyers. The letter purported the substance to be Ricin.

The firm, in the meantime were representing a reality star appearing in a reality show called Penthouse Chicago who alleged assault when she was unconscious.

The law firm was evacuated and emergency services entered the building. Bottom line the supposed Ricin wound up being baking soda.

Marisa spent time going through tapes of Chicago Penthouse to prove the case of indecent assault while the investigator checked out the non-Boseman etc firms in the building who could have sent the letter as it was determined the letter was delivered within the building rather than from outside. I'll leave it for you to see who was responsible for the letter.

Marisa found a 3rd camera filming the goings on in Penthouse Chicago which proved their client's case. You'll see why!

Finale: Boseman comes into Diane's office and says he's sorry to hear she's thinking of retiring from the law. She says she's not and then looks in on the new partner and says f you.

Diane, by the way is a named partner already. And I think the new partner (can't remember her name) is trying to get rid of her.

Don't want to say more and spoil your enjoyment of the episode.

Message 32 of 73

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry @Anonymous for all the editing of the above but I read quickly and don't always catch my mistakes first (or second!) time.

One thing this season is only 13 episodes. Was the first season so short? TGW was 22 episodes a season so don't understand why this is shorter. Hope it wasn't cancelled mid-season which does happen and would explain only 13 episodes.

Anyway enjoy tomorrow it's good. And it particularly shows just how good Boseman's investigator is and how good Marisa is.

Message 33 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which reminds me.. I must set both the iPhone and iPad to do not disturb mode! 😬

Have not read your spoilers, will save it see how good your rundown is! 🧐

TGW ratings were plummeting towards the end of season 7, which is why they opted for 10 in the 1st season... but the reaction was so good that after only 5 episodes of TGF (unheard of in the US) they renewed for a 2nd season, but only opted for 13 in case it was just spin off hype! 

Fingers crossed we’ll be back to the 20+ next time! 

Looking forward to it! 🤯

Message 34 of 73

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks for the explanation about the number of episodes. I also hope they increase the episodes in season 3 and, that there is a season 3!

Interested to see what you think of my precis. I tried not give it all away and left out some interesting bits with Marisa. I wanted you to enjoy the episode in its entirety. So enjoy.

Message 35 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a weird episode.. no mention of the Rindell case and no Julius either, who’s been such a big part of the first few.. I hope he hasn’t left! 

More info
In the last episode the firm was still called Reddick, Boseman & Kolstadt... so presumably Diane became a named partner when Barbara left at the end of ep 2 (between ep 2-3 was a month according to Reddick)

The microdosing thing is bugging me.. is she actually on drugs or is it just stress? the laughing.. the pig thing (which was quite funny) and the swearing at the end

Not sure what Liz is up to now.. will be interesting to see where that goes.. but I’m sure there will a conflict of interest between her boyfriend being chief of police and the firm doing brutality cases..

Great to see Christine Lahti back in it. A great actress and my (not so) secret guilty crush! ❤️🤪

Message 36 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

There you are then @Anonymous A little present for you wink

Image result for images of christine lahti

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 73

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

What a weird episode.. no mention of the Rindell case and no Julius either, who’s been such a big part of the first few.. I hope he hasn’t left! 

More info
In the last episode the firm was still called Reddick, Boseman & Kolstadt... so presumably Diane became a named partner when Barbara left at the end of ep 2 (between ep 2-3 was a month according to Reddick)

The microdosing thing is bugging me.. is she actually on drugs or is it just stress? the laughing.. the pig thing (which was quite funny) and the swearing at the end

Not sure what Liz is up to now.. will be interesting to see where that goes.. but I’m sure there will a conflict of interest between her boyfriend being chief of police and the firm doing brutality cases..

Great to see Christine Lahti back in it. A great actress and my (not so) secret guilty crush! ❤️🤪

I love Christine Lahti and have from the moment I saw her many years ago. I think she's lovely and as you say a great actress who you don't see on TV so much anymore.

As to your comments,

More info
I also thought it odd that there was no more about the Rindell case but it could be they'll return to it in future episodes. After all father Rindell is still to be tried for fraud at the very least. As for Julius he's never been in every episode. Dramas like The Good Fight focus on different cast members to tell a particular story. So we could well see him in future episodes.

I think she is taking something whether for stress or something else I don't know.

As for Liz, as I said I don't trust her and I can definitely see conflict between her Chief of Police boyfriend and the firm. It's clear he already has a problem with the firm and is not happy Liz is working there. I don't know Liz's game for sure but I'm sure it's to do with Diane. After all she is a white female named partner in a black firm. Very tricky and won't necessarily be viewed well in the black community. But we'll see.

Message 38 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 stories for the price of 1...

Elsbeth on cracking form as always!

Luca has family.. and more on the way!  Poor Colin... not a clue!

...and another TGW returner..Nancy Crozier!!!

They're so good at getting people people to return... now all I need is for Martha Plimpton to show up as Patti Nyholm (towing her brood of kids round obviously) and I think my list of favourite lawyers will be complete!!

Unless they get Ally Mcbeal in ...

Message 39 of 73

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @Anonymous it was a cracking episode. I like the way they handled the 2 cases as well; made interesting viewing.

Apologies for not posting last night but there were things going on which took up my time for a good part of the night. This had to be dealt with on the spot and The Good Fight had to take a back seat.

And, yes I would love to see Patti Nyholm again with her expanding family.

Ally McBeal.......anything's possible 🤣

Message 40 of 73