cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community Movie Night is back - What do you want to watch?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi guys!

We hope you all had a lovely Easter bank holiday and above all enjoyed the content for our Easter Week that we and our members came up with. But even if you missed out on the fun, we have something coming up for you to make up for that smirk

Our Movie Night is back! Remember our last Movie Night when watching the movie Signs on recently launched Star on Disney+ led to almost heart attacks (me) and a lot of joy in those for other members (you)? Well, we want to repeat the fun on this Friday, the 9th of April with a movie of YOUR choice. That’s right - Unlike last time, we will only give you a theme to begin with, you can then suggest the movie you would like to watch within that theme, which will then open up for voting and after successful voting, watch together with you on Friday evening!

clapper clapper clapper And the theme is….. (drumroll please) MARVEL! clapper clapper clapper

So, don’t be shy and share your favourite Marvel movie, or a Marvel movie you have been wanting to watch for a while, with us and we can all get together again on Friday evening, switch on Disney+ (or pop in that DVD if that’s what you have) and share our thoughts, fears and joys over a Community Movie Night!

Suggestions can be submitted until midnight of Tuesday, the 6th of April and we will then open the voting between your suggestions from tomorrow!

Very curious on what your suggestions are but above all I can’t wait for another Movie Night on Friday! Hope to see the regular faces @MI5 @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo @pgn @jonsie @BobM @TallTrees @ComaChameleon @gmarkj @Anonymous @madasaf1sh as well as many more! hugging

giphy (5).gif

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Yep an education indeed ...@TheresaV
Guardians of the Galaxy 🤔
Have to worry who would be in that job....I know BOJO 😰

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Wonder Woman
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does Deadpool come in the timeline? (seen clips)

Message 13 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
One thing that is SOOOOOOO frustrating is the lack of the new Spiderman films.
I know they are co-produced with Sony, but not having the new ones on here is a big PITA...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Deadpool is part of the Marvel franchise. Last I heard they were looking for  way to introduce him into the Avengers @Anonymous. I suspect, as with a lot of films, Covid19 put a stop to that. However I'm certainly no expert, so maybe someone else knows?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 22

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Marvel, yes - different universe tho.

Perhaps there are plans to bring them together...

3f545084b949ac080afddb0d3739011d.jpg

Message 16 of 22

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmm, problem is that I've seen a lot of the Marvel ones twice (once intended and second because it was a family choice and I couldn't escape) so not quite sure which one I'd pick.

Antman/Antman & The Wasp are probably the best ones that you can watch without the Marvel backstory involvement and lots of fun. Unlike Captain Marvel which is seriously the most boring of the lot and brings nothing to the series apart from the cat. Closely followed by the dull Black Panther.

Though I do like the interpretation of Thor in films compared to comics so I'd be happy with any of those three. Love Guardians of the Galaxy as well so ok with me for a third viewing.

Also: the end credits are a must so no skipping whatever the final choice!

Message 17 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Quite a few of the Maevel movies can be enjoyed without having seen the rest of the franchise so we should include those in the list of potentals so that people who aren't up to date with the full cinimatic universe can still get involved. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 18 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Ones that (from memory) can be seen without knowing the full story:
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Thor
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant Man
Black Panther
Dr Strange
Basically the first film in each characters series.
Think the rest of them will need some prior knowledge...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a perfect list for anyone who's not seen the wider MCU fims @gmarkj! smile Any of those can be watched as a stand alone movie. 

signature

Message 20 of 22