cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Blue: Driverless cars, thing of the future?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

The team have created an article on The Blue ( find it here ) about Driverless cars.

meridianshuttle

What do you guys think about this kind of vehicles? Have you ever tried them? 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I bet the ones that are going to be trolling round Cov wont be able to do anything near that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was being serious in my previous comment slight_smile

they seem ideal for me in the future, to get me out of the house, when I can no longer do that for myself - I don't drive you see = a professional pedestrian me to date

Message 12 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

If they were to ever go into general use they'd have to be able to at least do the current city speed limit of 30 mph. I think it will be a very long time before they were able to develop one that would do 70 mph for motorway driving.

Not so far off. There are cars today that can stay in lanes and have active cruise control and will do upwards of 70mph.

I still think it will be at least ten years before we see any major changes. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for it. It will bring mobility to a lot of people who are now not able to get around. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Driverless vehicles are also already used in warehouse and industrial locations.

If a robot can be programmed to spray a car perfectly then anything is possible.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
They will be flying planes next.......!!!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit late to the party on this one. Not entirely convinced, what happens when you get the computer circle which means the computer doesn't know what to do at 70mph on a motorway?

Recently I was walking the dog and an electric car came up behind me. It was silent. That freaked me out enough as it was.
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Bit late to the party on this one. Not entirely convinced, what happens when you get the computer circle which means the computer doesn't know what to do at 70mph on a motorway?

Computer circle? I only know of the RROD..... Is that a similar thing...??:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Computer circle? I only know of the RROD..... Is that a similar thing...??:smileywink:

what is RROD ? 

you showing off Cleoriff wink

Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what is RROD ? 

Red Ring Of Death @Anonymous  X Box users know it only too well. When it stops working properly

The front of the Xbox shows similar to this (without the words of course) wink

red-ring-of-death.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what is RROD ? 

Red Ring Of Death @Anonymous  X Box users know it only too well. When it stops working properly

The front of the Xbox shows similar to this (without the words of course) wink

red-ring-of-death.jpg

thank you for that Cleoriff slight_smile

Message 20 of 20