The 150th White Room Quiz

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to 

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s White Room Quiz is the 150th White Room Quiz

since the White Room Quiz began on 01 August 2019.

Instead of the usual eight questions, there are 10 questions - with one question from each of these categories, with one question about "150th"

SPORT   PEOPLE   GEOGRAPHY   PLACES   NATURE 

WORDS   LITERATURE   MUSIC    MOVIES  FOOD & DRINK

and the chance to be awarded a GOLD THINKER for 10 correct answers

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5  @BobM @TheresaV  @LukasB @Martin-O2 @TallTrees 

and @O2EmmaLouise and @Cairdeas who took part in previous WRQs

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and would love to see any new members of the Community join in with this - the 150th White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S TEN QUESTIONS

Q1 SPORT  In which year did the FA [Football Association] celebrate its 150th anniversary ?

Q2 PEOPLE  According to Greek mythology, who was the Greek goddess of beauty ?

Q3 GEOGRAPHY  Mount Elbert is the highest point in which US State ?

Q4 PLACES  The Hagia Sophia Museum is in which city ?

Q5 NATURE  What type of animal is a pipistrelle ?

Q6 WORDS   The word "distaff" referred to a tool used in what trade ?

Q7 LITERATURE  What is the surname of the family in Steinbech`s novel "Grapes Of Wrath" ?

Q8 MUSIC  What is the surname of Charlie and Craig, twin brothers of The Proclaimers ?

Q9 MOVIES Who played the character Mr Freeze in the 1997 movie "Batman & Robin" ?

Q10 FOOD & DRINK Timperley Early and Cawood Castle are types of which fruit ? 

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 21 July 2021] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 22 July 2021]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 23 July 2021.

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 21 July] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 22 July].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thurs 22 July will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" and take part in this quiz

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers       answers       answers      answers 

golden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg     bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Golden          Silver          Bronze              Red

Thinker        Thinker       Thinker           Thinker 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

I hope everyone enjoys today`s White Room Quiz, and find it fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Fingers crossed @LukasB will get a Bronze Thinker on this one upside_down

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck everyone & congratulations on 150!
Message 3 of 44

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous for your good wishes for the 150th White Room Quiz.

@TheresaV 

mmm although you may have your fingers crossed for @LukasB to get a Bronze Thinker, I have a sneaky feeling that you might hope to get a Silver or Gold Thinker this time Whistle

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 44

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I am definitely not @Mi-Amigo sweat_smile I have had a look at the questions and I think maybe even a Bronze Thinker might be a stretch but I could get there with a bit of luck and a few guesses sweat_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

One of those quizzes @Mi-Amigo where you take a first look and think that's ok...then a 2nd look and think...MMmmm..my god, will my heat frazzled brain cope? rofl

Great choice of questions, even though I don't like them all. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 44

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV 

I hope your "guesses" pay off.

Thank you @Cleoriff 

Pleased you think it`s a great choice of questions...

You are right. As it is the 150th WRQ, I tried to come up with some questions which might, at first, seem easy but, in fact, need a bit of thinking about Thinking  and, with there being 10 questions, thought that there might some questions which some might not like.

Good luck and hope the quiz doesn`t add to the heat-induced brain frazzle.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 44

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Can I check Q3 please...

Elbe or Elbert?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 44

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

Can I check Q3 please...

Elbe or Elbert?

Thank you so much @MI5 for raising this.

Q3 should read - Mount Elbert is the highest point in which US State ? NOT Mount Elbe.

Apologies to everyone.

I will tag @TheresaV and ask her if she can correct this in the original list of questions.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 44

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thank you
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 44