Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You!!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you all know I was recently admitted to hospital and I would just like to thank you for the well wishes and a special thanks to those of you kind enough to send cards and gifts to the hospital.

Due to a mixture of circumstances I didn't get all your cards until the morning I was deemed well enough to be discharged.

I had problems for a couple of  weeks of feeling unwell culminating in my neighbour coming over one day when she was concerned about the blinds still being closed mid afternoon. She kindly helped me get up and dressed before ringing the 111 helpline.

As I was struggling for breath and had a dry cough they ordered an ambulance for me.

It was a bizarre set of circumstance:

• I was admitted to an assessment ward in a side room and had xrays taken along with a COV-ID19 test
  • The following morning, as the test was negative and the x-ray showed I had pneumonia, I was transferred to a general ward
  • That same evening, the doctor had another look at the x-ray and decided that the symptoms were consistent with COV-ID19 and that the test may have been a false negative so another test was done and I was transferred to a side room in a COV-ID19 ward.
  • The next morning, after the test again came back negative once more, I was transferred back to the same general ward in the same side room and treated for pneumonia

That is where I spent  days before being discharged after consultations with the brilliant medical staff.

It's no surprise therefore that I didn't get the cards and care package until that last day.

If it wasn't for @Cleoriff phoning the hospital and chasing the whereabouts of the cards, I would probably still be waiting for them

I'm still not 100% which is why I've been missing of late from the community but I just wanted to thank everyone on here. There are some lovely people on the community and not forgetting the admin team who also showed concern and sent a card.

Thanks again to each and every one of you, you know who you are Hero

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
So good to hear from you @jonsie, even if you are not fighting fit.
Glad to hear that the community nurse @Cleoriff has been chasing up and keeping the NHS on it's toes!
Fingers crossed you will get better faster now you are home and can rest up some more. No-one ever properly sleeps or rests in hospital as there is just too much going on!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep your chin up mate 🙂
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Great to see you back here @jonsie. Hope your recovery goes well and you get back to posting regularly very soon. You have been missed.

Mexican Wave

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So good you are back @jonsie !!!!!! kissing_heart We missed you!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Lovely to hear from you @jonsie , really good to hear you're doing better! We've missed seeing you around on the community! Hope you recover fully soon. hugging 

Message 6 of 13

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Intresting read Jonsie, happy you are starting to feel better and welcome back. 

signature
Message 7 of 13

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to have you back with us @jonsie 

I sincerely hope you are getting better and it won`t be too long before you are posting regularly on the Community...

Take care and there`ll be a drink for you in the Bar Humbug when you are up for it Cheers

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

What they said!

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great to hear from you again @jonsie 

Take care, keep well and loads of love kissing_heart heart