Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Shooting

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
There has been another mass shooting in the US. This time at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs a small town in Wilson County, Texas.

There are at least 20 dead, possibly more but no news at yet on possible injured.

The gunman has been killed; either by his own hand or sheriff's deputies. This is also unclear at the moment.

Apparently the gunman entered the church at 11:30 and just opened fire.

What is this world coming to. Between terrorists and homegrown nutters with guns it's become a less safe place to live.

My prayers go out to all those families affected by this latest trajedy.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Absolutely awful. No mention of terrorism as yet but who needs terrorists when we breed our own homegrown lunatics and allow them free access to automatic weapons. 

Early reports were of 27 dead, some of them children, and 30 injured. Those figures may have been over estimated but it's a truly terrible world when you can't go to a place of worship without the risk of being massacred.

I've read that in the past year there have now been 309 mass shootings in the USA whereby a mass shooting is catoregised as 4 or more dead. That is truly frightening... 

Message 2 of 4

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
What is needed in the US and has been needed for years is stricter gun laws. I am truly sick of the gun lobby and others quoting the Constitution and 'the right to bear arms' as justification for anyone and everyone to own a gun.The Constitution was written in a totally different time to the US and the world as it is today.

Unless you are a law officer - sherrif, policeman, FBI, DEA, ATF, ICE or a member of any other law enforcement agency you shouldn't need or have a gun.

Perhaps if there were fewer guns about - legal and illegal - in the US there'd be fewer gun deaths generally, not to mention the recent mass shootings.

Funnily enough, having spent my first 19 years in Harlem in New York I never found the need for a gun. Nor did any of my friends, male and female. We had the police to protect us.

Unfortunately, with a strong gun lobby the laws will never change unless the US gets a President with some guts to do something about it. Robert Kennedy had he lived might have. Trump is certainly not such a President.

It makes me sick to see what is happening in my country today.

Ok, off my soapbox and rant over.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 4