Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technology Advancement

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

When you put it like this, we've actually come further than I think many thought...

Love the "without leaving your armchair" bit Destroy

And now we've got entrepreneurs heaving satellites into orbit 60 at a time... Thoughful

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Communication in the blink of an eye....and you still can't get through to customer service. Grumpy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Communication in the blink of an eye....and you still can't get through to customer service. Grumpy

LOL

It's the line about "one of these in the corner (of the living room), replacing the old colour television set" that made me laugh. 

6 in our living room after dinner, allegedly watching an Avengers movie: 2 on their phones, texting or Instagram or similar, 1 on a Nintendo Switch playing a game, another on his Kindle, playing a game, and one checking e-mail on a laptop, and the other Zzzing away "watching" the TV.

Astounded

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's amazing how much we take it for granted really.

My mum used to wash clothes in a dolly tub when I was small. Then she had something with a mangle, then moved onto a twin tub of all things, before getting a fitted washing machine which was 5 years before she passed away  in 2002.

As for my dad, with poor eyesight a 52" TV would have been a must for him! innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I remember making a barbecue grill out of our old twin tub, when it eventually died (nearly electrocuting a couple of us in the process...!), and the spinner tub made a wonderful garden incinerator, all those holes in it reduced most things to ashes in double-quick time. 

Message 5 of 5