cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technological advancements/inventions wish list!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of some cool gadgets and tech earlier today and had a thought about one that I think would be pretty cool if developed....

Here's a question for you: what kind of technological advancements (like new gadgets, devices or features to existing ones for example) would you put on your wish list for the future?

I want to see all kinds of ideas in this thread, even those that are very tiny fun ones, or big important ones that might seem impossible at this point in time. grin

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Those scratch and sniff cards sound super amusing. LOL

Yay, another Trekkie! I've just 'bumped' that one to the top so you can find it on the first page of this board. slight_smile

Message 11 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Those scratch and sniff cards sound super amusing. LOL

Yay, another Trekkie! I've just 'bumped' that one to the top so you can find it on the first page of this board. slight_smile

They never took off and no wonder....

Star Trek is the ultimate tech advancement, already many things dreamed about by Gene Rodenberry have become reality. Who wouldn't want to be a Trekkie travelling on the good ship Enterprise with Captain Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Bones. Uhura, Chekov, Sulu....Phasers on stun....sod that, phasers on full ....

Message 12 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Back to topic - What about when you go to the cinema and some of them (at least one that I've been to) has "moving" seats. Meaning that when in the movie you're in a first-person car ride for example, the seats rumble and move around accordingly in their rows. That exists, but I would like to add smells and other effects to this, e.g. wind, rain, and if in the movie they are in a forest, you would notice a faint forest smell for real in the background.

Some already have the wind/rain effects, and sounds like they also have smells:

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/4dx#

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 30

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Wa10 Replicators would be at the top of my Star Trek wish list! 

Ever since the introduction of Tesco Value meals, I really can't imagine any replicator going above that nutrional standard Surprised Wait, why does Solyent Green suddenly come to mind Fear

Message 14 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Wa10 Replicators would be at the top of my Star Trek wish list! 

Ever since the introduction of Tesco Value meals, I really can't imagine any replicator going above that nutrional standard Surprised Wait, why does Solyent Green suddenly come to mind Fear

Good point LOL

Right now I would settle for a phaser......just set to stun at the moment but I want the option to ramp it up to KILL!1

....sorry but Star Trek sort of gave us an insight to the future. However I could settle for an X-Wing fighter to sort out the police check points here Whistle

Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd happily go for Teleport as mentioned above  ^  ^  ^  because I'm not that good atm getting around ... & ... taxi's arn't cheap, but no doubt don't cost as much as running a vehicle

Message 16 of 30

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Left home at 6.30 this morning, arrived at the office at 8am. 😞

Less than 15 miles down the road, and all "high speed" main roads too - normally it's 30mins from door to door. 😞

Transport technology cannot come soon enough!! Crazy

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 17 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@sheepdog They do often mention (in the show) that replicated food doesn't taste the same as regular food so I think you're right! 

I came across this video at the weekend that showcases 'Reconfigurable Materials' which are able to change their structure to perform specific tasks. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 30

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Particularly Mr Neelix, although I guess it's quite a debating point amongst the Voyager crew whether the replicator food or his own concoctions taste worse slight_smile LOL

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 19 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Wa10 Haha I do think Neelix had an ulterior motive for slating the replicator food! Anything to get people to eat his leola root stew Smiley Very Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 30