cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : bKey is an ultra-portable battery charger for iPhone that fits on your keychain.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : bKey is an ultra-portable battery charger for iPhone that fits on your keychain.

"bKey is a compact, cable-free smartphone battery that fits on your keychain, ensuring that it will travel with you anywhere you go. The emergency battery has a built-in USB port for charging itself, alongside an 8-pin Lightning connector for the latest iPhone models, 30-pin connector for older iPhone models and Micro USB connector for Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Android smartphones that allows charging on the go."

"While the bKey is an ultra-portable, hassle-free charger, the one downside is that its battery capacity is only 230 mAh. If the Kickstarter project reaches $75,000 in funding, which it is well on its way to achieving, that capacity will be slightly bumped to 270 mAh. Either way, it’s only a fraction of the 1,500 to 2,500 mAh batteries found in the iPhone and most modern smartphones, providing only around 30 minutes of extra battery life."

My thoughts :

This looks to be on it's way to being available hopefully and has the potential to be very useful when a partial recharge is needed.

Source : iphonehacks.
Read more here : http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/bkey-wireless-battery-charger-iphone-keychain.html
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest depending on price I can't see it taking off there are so many cheap portable chargers these days with a much higher mah
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree it does hinge on price and final spec.

However not that many are as ultra portable as this one.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Capacity is way too small..... You can get the same from an AA battery in one of those emergency kits from Tesco for £5.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest I can't really see the point of this one.It's far too limited in my opinion.

Message 5 of 6

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I agree, it's way too low spec'ed to be worthwhile when you can get cheap ones that take alkaline batteries. just look in the pound shops.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 6