cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Programmes they SHOULDN'T have brought back!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

So to run alongside the TV programmes they should bring back, how about the reverse side of the coin?

As I'm the creator of the thread, I get to cheat, I'll name TWO just off the top of my head

• Open All Hours....ok, Granville and company.....and whatever name it flies by now...
  • Magnum P I....oh dear! What a traversty to Tom Selleck!

Any more great TV that disappoints when revived?

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to add about Clarkson, the new revamped Top Gear was and still is an absolute disaster without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

They should never have  brought it back.

Now on that we agree @Cleoriff - loved Top Gear with the Hamster, Captn Slow and Clarkson; hate the revamp.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 40

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Sorry I can't watch anything with Clarkson in without wanting to put my foot through the telly Grumpy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 40

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to add about Clarkson, the new revamped Top Gear was and still is an absolute disaster without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

They should never have  brought it back.

Now on that we definitely agree @Cleoriff!

Message 13 of 40

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Clarkson is a despicable person ~ agree with you @Glory1 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 40

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

They're rebooting Buffy? Oh dear. Of its time for the 90's and went downhill from series 4 sidelining the main villains for "relationships". 

I'll add Star Trek Discovery to the list for completely misunderstanding what Star Trek is. 

A couple from Netflix: She-Ra. Yes a cartoon but somehow made worse than what you remember from the 80's. And thats just the animation. 

Reboot - The Guardian Code. Take one of the best written and much loved CGI shows of the 90's filled with so many pop culture jokes and then to reboot (ha!) put humans in it and put in a token amount of CGI to fill the holes. Also: make Megabyte less evil looking to add to the insult. 

I'll add that Sherlock with Bendict Cucumberbatch is no way as good as the 80's version with Jeremey Brett. Oh and on the subject of detectives, ITV's reboot of Miss Marple which after a change of lead still didn't match the legendary Joan Hickson!

Dare I mention Midsomer Murders rofl

Message 15 of 40

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Mmmm... @sheepdog I like both the old and new "Barnaby"... and used to live where some of the episodes were later filmed so bring back memories....

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I like Midsomer. Though I wouldn't want to live there!@

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 40

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I like Midsomer. Though I wouldn't want to live there!@

Trying to get a pint there is murder Cheers

and I lived in Bucks where it is filmed not in Midsomer - so don`t get sending The Bill round

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 40

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I have to agree with you about Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and Miss Marple with the wonderful Joan Hickson. I actually own a box set of every Miss Marple she did and have watched them many times.

I'm a big Christie fan and Joan Hickson was Miss Marple to a 't'. The reboot was a joke, neither actress  did the character justice.

Jeremy Brett was superb as Holmes, though my all-time favourite has to be Basil Rathbone in the films.

On the Christie theme, David Suchet was the best Poirot I've ever seen on TV or film. The worst has to be Kenneth Branagh, who played him as a charicature!

Not seen Star Trek Discovery so can't comment.

Message 19 of 40

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@sheepdog wrote:

Mmmm... @sheepdog I like both the old and new "Barnaby"... and used to live where some of the episodes were later filmed so bring back memories....

So do I @Mi-Amigo . It is pure entertainment and not meant to be taken seriously. I mean who would live in a village where peoole were being murdered left, right and centre joy

Message 20 of 40