cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Programmes they SHOULDN'T have brought back!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

So to run alongside the TV programmes they should bring back, how about the reverse side of the coin?

As I'm the creator of the thread, I get to cheat, I'll name TWO just off the top of my head

• Open All Hours....ok, Granville and company.....and whatever name it flies by now...
  • Magnum P I....oh dear! What a traversty to Tom Selleck!

Any more great TV that disappoints when revived?

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I was never a great fan of Open All Hours but I did watch the odd episode and Ronnie Barker really made that show his own.

Still Open All Hours with David Jason is not the same, love David Jason though I do. They should have let it die with the death of Ronnie Barker who made the show the hit it was.

I've not actually watched an episode of Magnum, PI but have seen clips of the show and frankly I have to ask why? Again, Tom Selleck made the show, so to bring it back without him is a crime.

The only show I've watched, which is a reboot, I like and that's Charmed.

Oh and whilst not a reboot tbey did bring back the X-Files with the original cast. I wish they hadn't. The original became a paridy towards the end and deserved to finish. It never should have been brought back, even with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny. It wasn't the same and the stories were meh!!

Not seen any other reboots, that I can think of, though I understand there are a few in the pipeline.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 40

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
As you said you cheated I not heard any of what you said Haha I think buffy the new one they shouldn't bring back I'm not sure tho haha
Message 3 of 40

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
As you said you cheated I not heard any of what you said Haha I think buffy the new one they shouldn't bring back I'm not sure tho haha

I would want to see the reboot of Buffy before making a jydgement @liggerz87. it could be good, though I did love, and own, the original series.

Message 4 of 40

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
First time I used the notification thing but only knew from email true I was a fan of buffy I was a bit late to it I watched the re runs to be honest I think I would like it so I'll take back what I said Haha as iv watched some of the new sabrina and the new charmed not watched all of it
Message 5 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123058 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Isn't there a new Starsky and Hutch or was it Miami Vice? Either way it's dire.

Also (and with due respect to our friends from the US)  I don't particularly like programmes they pinch from us and make their own. The Office was brilliantly funny here, taken to America and not funny at all

Then we come to Sherlock. This is one of my all time favourite TV shows ever....Elementary the US version, is a poor substitute. (Sorry @Glory1  I know you like it but Jonny Miller aint no Benedict Cumberbatch joy

Image result for Images of Sherlock The Game Is On

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 40

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, I do like Elementary @Cleoriff but in no way does it compare to Sherlock, which is superior in every.

I treat Elementary as purely light entertainment. Also agree Johnnie Lee Miller is no Benedict Cumberbatch.

And Starsky & Hutch or Miami Vice were great in their day because of the actors involved. Wouldn't be the same with anyone else.

Message 7 of 40

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25181 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great topic @jonsie 

Totally agree with comments on Open All Hours.

Orginal with Ronnie Barker - a legend was brilliant. I love David Jason but the new version is dire in my opinion.

One prog which I loved was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with Chris Tarrant, but who had the [not-so] bright idea of bringing it back with Jeremy Clarkson? And ask for the fourth option "Ask The Host" - my neighbour`s cat would be a better bet at knowing the answer Cat Wink

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123058 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Great topic @jonsie 

Totally agree with comments on Open All Hours.

Orginal with Ronnie Barker - a legend was brilliant. I love David Jason but the new version is dire in my opinion.

One prog which I loved was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with Chris Tarrant, but who had the [not-so] bright idea of bringing it back with Jeremy Clarkson? And ask for the fourth option "Ask The Host" - my neighbour`s cat would be a better bet at knowing the answer Cat Wink

Now here's a thing @Mi-Amigo . I do NOT like Jeremy Clarkson at all. Having said that, I think he is excellent on the revamped Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. He is actually quite funny and not afraid to show his 'dim' side when they 'ask the host'.

This is one show I think is superior to the original....(I must be mad)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123058 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Just to add about Clarkson, the new revamped Top Gear was and still is an absolute disaster without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

They should never have  brought it back.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 40