Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ to return

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The THURSDAY QUIZ is to return on Thursday 1 August 2019 with a new name and new format.

The BBC TV "Mastermind" has the black chair

The 02 Community Off Topic has

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

ONE CONTESTANT

10 QUESTIONS

24 HOURS TO ANSWER

Each week, the quizmaster [Mi-Amigo] will choose 10 general knowledge questions from a wide range of subjects - some will be fairly easy; some more difficult, and one [in keeping with previous Thursday Quizzes] will be in the QI-style, in which the answer is not what most people may think.

The WHITE ROOM THURSDAY QUIZ will be open to all members of the 02 Community.

If you would like to be a contestant, please post your name on this thread.

On Wednesday, one contestant will be chosen at random by EmilieT to take the Thursday Quiz.

The contestant will be notified by private message and their name posted on the Thursday Quiz thread with the 10 general knowledge questions on Wednesday afternoon.

[Note: by having one contestant face 10 questions avoids players merely agreeing with others, and with 10 questions from a range of subjects, hopefully addresses the problem of a specific topic which may have put some off from taking part in the Tenable-style quiz. 

The contestant will have from 00.01 [one minute after midnight] until 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday to post the answers to the 10 questions.

The contestant can answer the questions in any order, at any time during the time period, by posting the question number and question with their answer. 

The contestant can only post one answer to each question. Any additional answer and/or any answer posted before midnight or after 11.59pm on Thursday will be declared void.

The contestant may, if he or she does not know an answer, submit an amusing answer.

The results will be announced after midnight on Thursday with the correct answers.

The contestant will be awarded a star for each correct answer and, if he or she answers all 10 questions correctly, will be awarded the silver Thinker 

Image result for silver thinker

Anyone can play along with the WHITE ROOM THURSDAY QUIZ by making their own list of questions and seeing if they can find the answers.

[Please do not post your answers on the thread, so as to avoid giving possible answer to contestant]. 

The other players are, of course, welcome to submit their name to be considered as a contestant.

If anyone has any questions or comments about the new format or the quiz, please post these on this thread, or, if you prefer, pm me [ @Mi-Amigo ] and I will answer them.

Thank you for your interest.

Mi-Amigo

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @Mi-Amigo 

Please to put me down as a Maybe too, thank you

Message 11 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Please add my name to the list of contestants...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj

I have added your name to the list of contestants.

Just a gentle reminder, the new White Room Thursday Quiz is open to all members. If anyone would like to be a contestant, please post your name on here.

Thank you to @Cleoriff , @jezza1234@pgn and @gmarkj for putting your names forward and thanks to @jonsie and @Anonymous for being a "maybe".

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update:

Taking into account the comments and bearing in mind that some members may consider ten questions to be too many, a slight adjustment has been made and the number of questions has been reduced to six.

The six questions were chosen from a range of different subjects over the weekend.

EmilieT has been given the list of members who wish to be a contestant and she will draw a name at random.

The chosen contestant will be notified by pm tomorrow [Wednesday] and the name posted on the new White Room Thursday Quiz thread tomorrow, along with the six questions.

The contestant will have from 00.01 [one minute after midnight] until 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday to post the answers to the six questions.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted on Friday morning [2 August].

All members are invited to play along - by making their own lists of questions and seeing how many they can answer.

Members can, of course, submit their name to be considered as a contestant in a future White Room Thursday Quiz at anytime.

Thank you everyone for your interest.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 14