Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ 9 May 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the THURSDAY QUIZ for 9 MAY 2019

The subject for this week`s Thursday Quiz is MUSIC - not The Beatles!.

There are three questions:

Q1. What musical instrument did Emperor Nero play while Rome burned in 64AD?

Q2. Which language is the Spanish National Anthem sung in?

Q3. Where were bagpipes invented?

RULES:

No googling, wiki, social media, website seaches for the answers.

Please answer all three questions in the same post as - Q1 = [answer]; Q2 = [answer]; Q3 = [answer].

If you do not know the answer to any question, please say Q? = [don`t know]

Everyone is welcome to enter.

This Thursday Quiz is opens at 10pm tonight [Wed] when you may submit your first set of answers and this Thursday Quiz will remain open until 12 noon on Friday 10 May 2019

You may submit two separate posts, each with a set of answers, during the time of this Thursday Quiz,

but you cannot submit your second post until at least one other member has posted their first set of answers.

You may submit one post with one, two, or three answers as given by another member but must credit the member - e.g. "I agree with.... answer to Q2 is ..... "

The results and answers will be given after 1pm on Friday 10 May 2019.

Incorrect answers will receive the * klaxon * .  Correct answers will be awarded trophy

A correct interesting fact could earn a credit. Amusing replies to any question are welcomed sweat smile

Good luck

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Did we miss a Thurday Quiz this week? Or am I going senile? (Please be careful how you answer that....)

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 51

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I didn't miss it - I thought it was a fortnightly feature scream

Message 32 of 51

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

To be honest, I just forgot altogether.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 34 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No... The one before this was May 1st...so tended to be weekly?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 51

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Was a busy week this week - that's my excuse, I'm sticking to it, @Mi-Amigo Crazy LOL

Message 36 of 51

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn  *klaxon * for fortnighly; @jonsie *klaxon* for monthly; @Glory1 * credit* [for honesty, admitting forgot]; @Cleoriff  trophy [despite having a "senior moment" Whistle] knew it should be weekly.

The Thursday Quiz was going to include a question about elephants but, having heard the sad news of the passing of Hope`s sister, thought it would be inappropriate to post such a question, and therefore cancelled it for this week.

The Thursday Quiz will return on 23 May, with three questions [not on elephants] posted on Wed 22 May.

The Quiz will include a photo of the horizon; a question on birds; and a question on an invention.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 37 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@pgn  *klaxon * for fortnighly; @jonsie *klaxon* for monthly; @Glory1 * credit* [for honesty, admitting forgot]; @Cleoriff  trophy [despite having a "senior moment" Whistle] knew it should be weekly.

The Thursday Quiz was going to include a question about elephants but, having heard the sad news of the passing of Hope`s sister, thought it would be inappropriate to post such a question, and therefore cancelled it for this week.

The Thursday Quiz will return on 23 May, with three questions [not on elephants] posted on Wed 22 May.

The Quiz will include a photo of the horizon; a question on birds; and a question on an invention.

An invention ??? Wish I hadn't asked now rofl

Seriously though I am looking forward to it...I think innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 51

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Have you invented a way to keep the horizon level when you're riding on an elephant with three birds? thinking

(No elephants would be harmed, of course, which is more than I can say for the birds... upside_down)

Message 39 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Have you invented a way to keep the horizon level when you're riding on an elephant with three birds? thinking

Off to the naughty step for you @pgn You have committed the crime of posting rubbish Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 51