Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the THURSDAY QUIZ for 6 June 2019.

This week`s subject is BRITISH HISTORY.

Your quest is to find:

the names of the English Monarchs from 827AD to 1154AD.

[to make it more of a challenge, I am not revealing how many names there were, but will say there are enough for all players to give two answers]

THE RULES: please note, there are a few changes to previous rules for the Thursday Quiz:

The Thursday Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

So whether you have joined in on previous Thursday Quiz, or you are a new member, or have never played before, you are all welcome to take part.

Each player will be allowed to submit two answers.

But, a player cannot post their second answer until after at least one other player has given an answer.

Players cannot give an answer already been given, and "I agree with ...." will no longer be allowed.

Players can give additional info [to earn credit if correct] but only to their own post, not other players`.

No googling, wiki, website, youtube, or similar search for the answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded trophy; additional info with be awarded credit; and each incorrect answer will get the * klaxon *.

The funniest comment or answer will get the special joy award.

The THURSDAY QUIZ opens at 9pm tonight [Wednesday 5 June], when the first answer can be given, and will stay open until 12 noon on Friday 7 June 2019.

Correct answers, additional info, and * klaxons* will be added up for each player; and the results and the winner[s] announced after 1pm on Friday; along with the winner of the special joy award.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I will say yes, even though any info I have will be a few years behind what's happening with the team currently. Of all the football teams, it's still the one I know the most about and, sorry @jonsie and @Poppysmum , the only team I like tongue

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 51 of 84

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I will say yes, even though any info I have will be a few years behind what's happening with the team currently. Of all the football teams, it's still the one I know the most about and, sorry @jonsie and @Poppysmum , the only team I like tongue

Well if you are having Liverpool, I'm having F1...so there you go...Bouncy

(I'll even set the questions) Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 84

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff 

with regards to FI as the subject, you`re on joy !!

If you are serious, I`ll pm you and let you know when you can post it and give you plenty of time to orgainse it.

A couple of points - you will have to run it, award trophy, * klaxon * credit; and joy

Please note, it will not be for a few weeks as I already have the subjects for the next few weeks  thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 53 of 84

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

You go for it @Cleoriff, I may even be able to answer some of those questions. I'm sure @Mi-Amigo won't mind you taking over his quiz, will he joy

Message 54 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Errrrr...I'm joking? joy

I won't be setting any type of quiz which requires this amount of work thanks...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 84

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

You go for it @Cleoriff, I may even be able to answer some of those questions. I'm sure @Mi-Amigo won't mind you taking over his quiz, will he joy

@Glory1 

As I said, I don`t mind and hey I can play along. Then you`ll all see how much I don`t know sweat_smile and I`ll try not to throw my toys out the pram if I get a * klaxon * LOL

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 56 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Glory1 

As I said, I don`t mind and hey I can play along. Then you`ll all see how much I don`t know sweat_smile and I`ll try not to throw my toys out the pram if I get a * klaxon * LOL

Think you better look at my reply above this post @Mi-Amigo joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 84

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Errrrr...I'm joking? joy

I won't be setting any type of quiz which requires this amount of work thanks...Confused

Mugged LOL

Image result for fool cartoon gifs

Message 58 of 84

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Aw @Cleoriff I was so looking forward to it too joyrofl

Message 59 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Errrrr...I'm joking? joy

Mugged LOL

Image result for fool cartoon gifs

Yes...I know. I have 20 garden pots to fill with bedding plants.

(Thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it) rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 84