Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 362

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 30 May 2019

@jonsie wrote:

Far too technical for the bozo in charge.....

Only joking @Mi-Amigo LOL

Yer right @jonsie , I don`t do tech so I`m gonna use that State of the F A R T guy off Britain`s Got Talent instead of a klaxon joy

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 767

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Far too technical for the bozo in charge.....

Only joking @Mi-Amigo LOL

Yer right @jonsie , I don`t do tech so I`m gonna use that State of the F A R T guy off Britain`s Got Talent instead of a klaxon joy

Oh please don't. I have no idea how that guy got through to the semi finals....

As for the things @pgn  posted, dont bother with those either. The African countries used them at every match they played in during a World Cup series and they were bloody horrendous Shirty

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 142

@Cleoriff wrote:

As for the things @pgn  posted, dont bother with those either.  Shirty

Ah, did you watch the video though? You may be surprised... D'oh!

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Topics: 580

BGT....I think the public watch different shows to me. Unfathomable votes and last night's was certainly rigged!

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

BGT....I think the public watch different shows to me. Unfathomable votes and last night's was certainly rigged!

I agree @jonsie . As lovely as the Chelsea Pensioner was , people voted with their hearts. I think the young lads in the band and the older guy who did magic and comedy deserved a place. I wasn't even impressed with the comedian who got through on the judges vote. He didn't make me laugh at all.

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 580

Totally agree @jonsie and @Cleoriff 

The one thing which I find annoying with BGT is the sympathy votes by the public and judges. I mean we have had, in the past, that dreadful magician who came on in his miltary uniform; and this year we have the copper and his "mindreading" dog. Sure, the magician served his country; and the dog saved the police officer`s life and both should be recognised - but this is not a "hero" worship programme but about talent. And I didn`t find the comedian amusing at all.

Having said that we have had some very good acts and I do enjoy the show because it is variety.

My fav? The four young magicians - brilliant. 

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

To return to the thread...

there is still plenty of time for members to get their answers in for this week`s Thursday Quiz. You have until 12 noon tomorrow [Friday] to give your three answers and I`ll announce the results after 1pm.

Robert Kennedy.

The trouble with the programme @Mi-Amigo  is each night the level of the acts should be the same.

For instance I didn't enjoy Tuesday much at all. The level of nearly every act was poor. (apart from the 4 young magicians.)

I thinks that's the reason the woman who is trying to be Victoria Wood and failing badly imo, got through.

*The Game Is On*

[ Edited ]

THURSDAY QUIZ - 30 May 2019: THE RESULTS.

Six members - @viridis ; @Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @MI5 ; @pgn ; @jonsie - entered

@viridis: Q1 Robin Hood - incorrect * klaxon *; Q2 Dick Turpin - incorrect * klaxon *; Q3 in service or marooned - correct trophy

@Cleoriff: Q1 Robert de Kyme - incorrect * klaxon *, credit for knowing Robin Hood folkname for outlaw; Q2 John Nevison - correct trophy + credit for knowing nickname Swift Nick; Q3 killed, joined crew, marooned - correct trophy

@Glory1: Q1 [as @Cleoriff ] - incorrect * klaxon *, but credit; Q2 [as @Cleoriff ] correct trophy + credit; Q3 [as @Cleoriff ] - correct trophy + credit for knowing sold as slaves.

@MI5: Q1 [as @Cleoriff ] - incorrect * klaxon *; but credit; Q2 [as @Cleoriff ] - correct trophy + credit; Q3 [as @Glory1 ] - correct trophy + credit.

@pgn: Q1 no answer - no points; Q2 Dick Turbine - incorrect * klaxon *; Q3 walk the plank - incorrect *klaxon *.

@jonsie: Q1 Richard Greene [played Robin Hood in TV series] - incorrect * klaxon * [Richard Greene did charity work, giving to poor, so credit]; Q2 Dick Godiva - * incorrect * [but Sir William Dick designed the statue of Lady Godiva on a horse, unveiled in Coventry on 22 Oct 1949, so credit]; Q3 keel-hauled - * incorrect * klaxon.

This week`s winners are @Glory1 and @MI5 - each with trophy trophy and three credits.

The special award for the most amusing answer goes to @jonsie for answer to Q3: "keel-hauled them and then cut off their barnacles" laughing

Information on the correct answers is in the next post.

Thanks everyone for playing.

Next week`s Thursday Quiz will be three questions on

The Olympics

Robert Kennedy.