Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ: 13 June 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the THURSDAY QUIZ for 13 June 2019.

This week`s subject is FRANCE.

Your quest is to find:

the "top 24" most visited paid-entry tourist attractions in France in 2012

THE RULES: please note, there are a few changes to previous rules for the Thursday Quiz:

The Thursday Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

So whether you have joined in on previous Thursday Quiz, or you are a new member, or have never played before, you are all welcome to take part.

Each player will be allowed to submit two answers.

But, a player cannot post their second answer until after at least one other player has given an answer.

Players cannot give an answer already been given, and "I agree with ...." will no longer be allowed.

Players can give additional info [to earn credit if correct] but only to their own post, not other players`.

No googling, wiki, website, youtube, or similar search for the answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded trophy; additional info with be awarded credit; and each incorrect answer will get the * klaxon *.

The funniest comment or answer will get the special joy award.

The THURSDAY QUIZ opens at 9pm tonight [Wednesday 12 June], when the first answer can be given, and will stay open until 12 noon on Friday 14 June 2019.

Correct answers, additional info, and * klaxons* will be added up for each player; and the results and the winner[s] announced after 1pm on Friday; along with the winner of the special joy award.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Glad you like the theme.

As @Cleoriff  has posted additional info, you can give your second answer; and, to gain credit, give any additional info on either of your answers. You have until 12 noon tomorrow to post.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 46

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Mi-Amigo grin

Then I wanna say ... maybe La Villette, the awesome science park in Paris.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Centre Georges Pompidou.
There is a public library and Europe's largest museum for modern art along with IRCAM (Institute for Research and Coordination in Acoustics/Music), a centre for music and acoustic research.
It is named after Georges Pompidou, the President of France in the early 1970's, who commissioned the building.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 46

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Another theme park maybe ... the Futuroscope?  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 14 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT. You little rule breaker  rofl

We are only allowed to give two answers....now you have given 3, I must report your transgressions to the Dormouse @Mi-Amigo tongue_winking

(he might send you to the Naughty Step LOL)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 46

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Oops Fear

Not to make excuses, but I am yet to have a snack and a coffee so I must have forgotten about this part of the rules ...

I shall accept the consequences of my overenthusiasm  zipper_mouth

signature

Message 16 of 46

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As @EmilieT and @MI5 both gave three answers, then the only fair way to deal with this [apart from sending them to the Naughty Step Happy Dance] is to allow the other players - @Cleoriff ; @TallTrees ; @JAZZ-trad - to give a third answer.

Please note: the Thursday Quiz closes at 12 noon today, so you don`t have long to give a third answer.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 46

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's very fair @Mi-Amigo, I appreciate your clemency hugging

signature

Message 18 of 46

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I probably wouldn't be able to put up anothersmiling

The others I am aware of have been put up. 

No problem with me @Mi-Amigo 

@EmilieT  you are completely forgiven must have your coffee first next timeupside_down

Best wishes TT

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 46

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo 
No worries.
Jazz

Message 20 of 46