cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Susan Boyle to do AGT The Champions !

Anonymous
Not applicable

A new contest of America's Got Talent: The Champions to be aired soon

Susan Boyle has been invited to take part ... she feels she now has a voice, but not only for singing, for Asperger's Syndrome, which she has comparatively recently being professionally diagnosed with

She's been out of the limelight for a while = her decision & has been singing all over her native Scotland. Susan still lives in the family home she was brought up in = she is the youngest of 5 children

She had a Christmas album at No.1 in the charts

I have a lovely cd of hers - dad bought it me one Christmas - I bought him a cd of Leona Lewis

Good Luck four_leaf_clover Susan

Image result for images of susan boyle

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do people insist on bringing up disability? It happens everyday, all over the world.. (not a pop at you WR7)

Choose me for me and my ability, not because I tick or a box, or you feel pity. It's almost as bad as the xfactor hopefuls.. I'm singing for my nan.. ugh repulsive!

C'mon people it doesn't matter who's got what.. it's what they do! 

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree @Anonymous

There are people in all sorts of jobs with disabilities. They were employed due to their ability to do a damn good job... No other reason.

Susan Boyle has a beautiful voice. I listen to her sing purely for that reason and no other.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree. Its great to see people do well despite whatever life has thrown at them. However, fgs wait until after you've been on the programme before the public are made aware and don't play the soddin' sympathy card to the judges and to the viewers.

As for Susan Boyle, great voice and everyone knew she had some health issue but she never played that card. I was happy she won and that bit of fame got her the diagnosis and treatment she needs.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely.. if fame and fortune can bring these ailments to the public eye, I'm all for it!

But then you have the other side of the coin.. (get ready for controversial)
Kerry Katona gives bipolar sufferers a bad name. All her troubles are blamed on her illness, the fact she's a 2 bit tramp who can't keep her pants on is forgotten, because she's got 'an excuse' Katie Price isn't far behind in the 'you need a good hard slap' stakes either.

I'm all for giving people a chance but Jesus H Christ.. there's taking the pish & taking a pish in public, for all to see..

\fume
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Absolutely.. if fame and fortune can bring these ailments to the public eye, I'm all for it!

But then you have the other side of the coin.. (get ready for controversial)
Kerry Katona gives bipolar sufferers a bad name. All her troubles are blamed on her illness, the fact she's a 2 bit tramp who can't keep her pants on is forgotten, because she's got 'an excuse' Katie Price isn't far behind in the 'you need a good hard slap' stakes either.

I'm all for giving people a chance but Jesus H Christ.. there's taking the pish & taking a pish in public, for all to see..

\fume

No, not controversial in the least. So called celebreties whose PR managers wheel them out just when we are at peace with oneself. We know that once we personally sink to that kind of slime level we want putting down. JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP GIVING THEM MONEY!

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps I aticulated badly ?

It is Susan Boyle herself who now feels she has a voice for others like her

I've looked up Asperger's Syndrome & it is, to put basically, anxiety & mood swings

I've got a few of her cd's & she has the voice of an Angel

[Edit] Susan is the youngest of 9 children ... not 5 as I stated in my original post

Image result for images of susan boyle

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You typed nothing wrong, but now she's been diagnosed.. it'll be.. aww.. (commence pity party) 👎when it should be.. great..she's got where she is without the doctors note! 

As for Aspergers.. it's more a developmental disorder, possibly including limited social interaction, repetitive behaviour, non verbal communication and restricted interests. I'm sure anxiety is in there too! 

Just a thought...

When was the last time you went into HMV & looked under a medical condition?

Never?

Most of us look under the artists name, or a genre. 👍

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree totally with you @Anonymous

I've always liked SuBo otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money on her cd's

I've seen some lengthly video's and interviews with her & she comes across with dignity & a decent woman who is still grounded despite being a multi-millionaire

I get my music off Ebay / Amazon = cd's or dvd's ... ... ... not into streaming music = way too complex for me wink

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
YAY @Anonymous I'm still a CD fan, but with no CD player.. hurrumph.. I'd like to try and find a mini HiFi with DAB & a CD player, but second-hand prices are extortionate!
Message 10 of 14