Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperVet (Noel Fitzpatrick)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We seem to have a lot of posts on TV programmes so I thought I would share one of my favourites.

The Supervet on Ch 4 Wednesday nights

I don't know if anyone watches it but Noel Fitzpatrick (the so called supervet in the title) is an absolute genius in my opinion

He has designed and developed equipment which will give hope to many animals...and their owners.

He has developed surgical procedures that only he, with his genius, would think of attempting

Animals, who in the past, had no hope of extending life expectancy due to traumatic injuries or life threatening orthopaedic conditions are being helped to live longer.

I don't think he is interfering with nature. His passion is animal health.

As he says, he cant see why, if treatment is available for humans....animals can't benefit from the same treatment....Good for him.

A pioneer among veterinary practitioners.

If you are interested and probably not squeamish (they do show surgery) I really recommend this programme

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tv-supervet-noel-fitzpatrick-amazing-3632292

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing.

I've watched a couple of episodes and share your opinion on the programme. 😄
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not something I would watch though that's not to say I don't find it fascinating. I applaud his devotion to the animals and his innovation on treatment. Top man!

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I watched it last night. There was a Husky who had shattered his leg and thigh. The owners were on holiday and when they heard it was going to cost £6000 to do the surgery...they sent the message back to euthanise this beautiful dog... (they were, in fairness, in total shock)

Noel Fitzpatrick said he wouldn't do that until they had thought about it again. He would keep Chief (the husky) painfree till they returned the following day...

The owners came to 'say goodbye' ...They took one look at their dog and said no...do the surgery...we will find the money.

Once they had agreed to that... Noel Fitzpatrick halved the bill.

A real tear jerker to see this dog up and about after the surgery..... (I am a sucker for a happy ending) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I get quite emotional watching something like that and I'm not ashamed to say so slight_smile

Message 5 of 5