🛁 💅🏻Summer on the O2 community 💅🏻 🛁: SPA at Home

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

68029.jpg

Hey guys,

with work now being done from home and no real holiday in sight it is time to bring relaxation into house too. But there is no need to turn your bathroom into an elaborate wellness retreat. A self-care session can be as simple as popping on a mask to relax from a day at your work-from-home office (aka sofa). We put together some ideas on how to have a proper pampering SPA day at home.

Set the Scene

With work now invading our personal spaces it is important to draw a line to switch off. Turn off all technology or anything that disturbs you. Jump in a comfy robe and let the spa treatment begin.

865712.jpg

Get in the Mood

There is nothing more important than setting the mood for a relaxing pamper day. Get your favourite book (or the one you have been trying to read for ages), put on some relaxing music (or maybe an audible audio books?) and light a scented candle. Scents are key when it comes to switching off: Essential oils hold properties that will naturally help your mind and body relax.

Drift off with a Massage

Massages are super expensive and you will need someone else to do it? Not the case: Put on some hand creme and squeeze in a quick hand massage as you work the cream in. It's an easy way to add some self-care to your evening. If you've had a lymphatic drainage massage before, you know how relaxing the process feels. Surprisingly, it's not that difficult to do at home. To give this drainage a boost, gently massage your body away from extremities and up toward your collarbones - do it in the shower with some lotion or body wash.

10374.jpgRun a Bath

The most obvious step in a DIY beauty treatment is running a bath. Indulge in some bath bombs that fizz up the water, bath oils that will make you feel Cleopatra bathing in milk & honey, or get some bath soap to get the bubbles going. If taking baths really is not your cup of tea try getting a shower foam to transform a simple rinse off into an actual Spa treatment.

Cleanse, Peel and Scrub

The first step for any facial is to cleanse. Combine that step with exfoliation once or twice a week, and you're well on your way to glowing. Get a peel and scrub away those tired layers of skin to look as fresh as a newborn baby. A weekly facial is a great way to give yourself a boost of skin-smoothing and brightening results to keep your skin on track. But there is more. Manual labour works wonders. Get yourself a body brush. Dry brushing increases blood flow and stimulates collagen production, which will help to strengthen your skin. It also dramatically increases elasticity, so it's great for lifting and toning.

39017.jpgDo a Mask

At last but not least - no spa treatment works without a mask. Whether it is a peel- off, a sheet mask or a home made yogurt and honey mask. Give your face some time to replenish with all the moisture there is. But while you are at it - why not try eye patches to give more hydration to the delicate undereye area? It's a good way to multitask. And if that isn't enough - Try a hair mask to refresh and sooth your scalp face and help it relax from wearing that thinking cap all the time.

What do you do at home to relax? What is your Home Spa or Pamper Routine? Let me know below if you have any tips.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I am pretty sure that our resident beauty guru @jonsie has a few tricks up his sleeve joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 2 of 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

I am pretty sure that our resident beauty guru @jonsie has a few tricks up his sleeve joy

I'll go along with that🤣 @LukasB 

I usually work all day every day .. I tend to enjoy that but couldn't say it was relaxing.

I Relax in my Ekornes Stressless Recliner feet up on foot stool....heaven.

• OIP.jpeg.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Like that song @Mi-Amigo 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 14

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo the song had me dead joy joy joy - so you are a bath type?

@TallTrees love a good chair but you can't sleep in them haha - or don't you get neck problems?

signature

Message 6 of 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

@Mi-Amigo the song had me dead joy joy joy - so you are a bath type?

Yep @LukasB 

Nice long soak - thinking up questions for WRQ joy

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 14

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I am suggesting something from this guide joy

signature

Message 8 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi de hi @LukasB
My chair ..stressless recliner😊 moves back near flat..got head rest too ...try and stop me dropping off in it 😴😴😴

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 14

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@TallTrees that does sound amazing then joy I think I am too picky - thats why I cant sleep in chairs - princess and the pea haha

signature

Message 10 of 14