Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer holiday blues

melly1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well it's the break from uni and I can say I'm bored. Well sometimes bored lol. I do have a TBR list of books to go through and such. I suppose it's been made worse with waiting for the hospital appointments. What do others do to break the boredom and any ideas, bare in mind I'm a part time wheelchair user.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

melly1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I managed to get most second hand. And flubit was quite good. And one of my books turned up at under £4! I did the giddy dance. And the Open University provide a lot of stuff thankfully! Otherwise my bank balance would have been crying a lot more.
Message 31 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I spent hundreds on books at Uni! We were told to get the latest versions and then compared them with older versions (which were about 1/3 of the price) and there were 8 lines of difference in one paragraph (in of the book parts relevant to my course). If I could go back, I'd have bought the older versions for sure. In my personal opinion, the books should not be priced high enough to have an impact on a student's life. I spent about £450 on them over 2 years.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 32 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I remember having to buy some books for uni that were only for one course (about 6 months study) that were in the region of £50 each. One for economics and one for IT (still have the IT one somewhere - it was Java programming. Not much use now I suppose...)
Some of us on courses would distribute the buying of books around - so one would buy the IT book, another the economics, etc - and then agree to book share.
Saved money but meant you had to be more organised with doing work!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 33