Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer holiday blues

melly1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well it's the break from uni and I can say I'm bored. Well sometimes bored lol. I do have a TBR list of books to go through and such. I suppose it's been made worse with waiting for the hospital appointments. What do others do to break the boredom and any ideas, bare in mind I'm a part time wheelchair user.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

WispaRed7 wrote: 

I have shared on this forum before I have bi-polar disorder & other physical health troubles but I try to be positive & think there are many people worse off than me, I have good days & not-so-good days so try to go with the flow ... ha I say if only it all worked out like that LOL

I hope talking about it here helps you @Anonymous. Its really nice to see that everyone here is very understanding and supportive of others with health issues.

Have you ever tried using chalk @Anonymous?

Thanks for sharing @melly1991. I really hope all future tests go well and update us if you like slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 33

melly1991
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lol @Cleoriff yes I can sleep in MRI machines. Something about the vibrations make me sleepy.

@Toby I hope it all goes well for me too lol. Spent the day relaxing with a colouring book and some TV.

@Daddydoink yeah my brother wanted to make my old wheelchair in to a moving turret for his air softing lol.
Message 22 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@melly1991 its the vibrations and noise that frighten me half to death. They have to give me headphones and play loud music nad I keep my eyes closed. Really weird as nothing else much freaks me out ..Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

I hope talking about it here helps you @Anonymous. Its really nice to see that everyone here is very understanding and supportive of others with health issues.

Have you ever tried using chalk @Anonymous?

@Toby hand on heart, I can truly say, the support I have received from my friends in the O2Community has been of the generous unstinting type publicly & by pm ... these superb people know who I am referring to & I am very grateful to (understatement) heart

What a good suggestion about using chalk Toby, it's taken me several hours to come up with the name pastels ... allus was messy with paint at school from early on LOL

I have kept art work from infant school to A level grammar school, 2D & 3D, in my school art folder & boxes :womanvery-happy:

There is a dedicated art shop in town ... they will have proper paper & chalks / pastels ... keen to have a scribble now lol Bouncy

Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ah but you see Jane...using chalk invites you to be messy. This is the joy of it. Chalk drawings are brilliant and expressive I think....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ah but you see Jane...using chalk invites you to be messy. This is the joy of it. Chalk drawings are brilliant and expressive I think....Bouncy

awwwww @Cleoriff thank you ... can't see the chalk doing my newly paid for Shellac shiny lilac nails much good tho' ... LOL

*happy smile on my face* ty again Cleo'

Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

awwwww @Cleoriff thank you ... can't see the chalk doing my newly paid for Shellac shiny lilac nails much good tho' ... LOL

Just put gloves on Jane. Protect your nails, keep your hands clean....and make as much damn mess as you like. Sorted...Good Idea

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just put gloves on Jane. Protect your nails, keep your hands clean....and make as much damn mess as you like. Sorted...Good Idea

Fantastic Cleo'

Message 28 of 33

melly1991
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I didn't get a chance to be bored in a while. I'm actually longing for a quiet day! I've been busy with doing stuff with family and a small family emergency and all sorts. Seriously I am now looking forward to some rest, even when uni starts back in October! I've ordered my books, tell me why the heck do they make some books so expensive lol.

I've managed to colour a little in between we play a bit on video games. And I blame an Irish friend of mine for two nights of watching rose of Tralee final lol. I should never have wish for a slightly busier summer. Careful what you wish for right?
Message 29 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No idea why Uni books are so expensive. Always been the same. My nursing books were out of my price range.....Thankfully my parents stepped up to the mark....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 33