Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer holiday blues

melly1991
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well it's the break from uni and I can say I'm bored. Well sometimes bored lol. I do have a TBR list of books to go through and such. I suppose it's been made worse with waiting for the hospital appointments. What do others do to break the boredom and any ideas, bare in mind I'm a part time wheelchair user.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

That looks like so much fun @Daddydoink. Enjoy! Be careful too wink

@melly1991, I see you're already fan of those books! Have you ever thought about writing?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 33

melly1991
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Daddydoink oh wow that looks like a lot of fun to use. I'm part time as I can walk some with crutches for now. Though erm my crutches took a hit from art supplies, looks like a kid took pencils to my handle of the one I use!

@Toby been a long time since I wrote anything but an essay or source analysis. I know I should get back in to it and I prob have a million half finished stories and poems etc. I suppose I once university took over I kinda forgot I actually enjoy writing lol.
Message 12 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@melly1991, may I ask what you suffer from? No need to share of course if you do not want to!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 33

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@melly1991 When I'm bored at home I play a lot on my mobile (currently my favourite game is Zombie Castaways!) and watch series. I like to rewatch silly ones like 90210 or Buffy while having a nice cup of coffee. I haven't read books in a while, but I do have the Wheel of Time series (or the first few ones at least) waiting for me in my bookshelf.

@Toby Colouring is fun and relaxing! I have a couple of mindfulness-related cat colouring books that I love. There are also apps on mobile for this, e.g. 'Recolor' that I sometimes use e.g. when sitting in the tube.

Message 14 of 33

melly1991
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Toby it's ok to ask. I have lots of interconnecting things like severe sciatica with severe chronic lower back pain due to Unknown underlying causes and hemiplegic migraines etc. They think that my underlying cause is possibly either ME or MS and I'm currently doing the whole being tested thing. Weirdly I can fall asleep in MRI machines lol.

@Marjo I've been trying ZombiU on the Wii U and I keep dying at the same point every time. Every bloody time!
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @melly1991 ... sorry you have health issues slight_frown

I've tried those wonderful colouring in pictures for adults... but ... I'm not that dextrous anymore = the spaces are too small for me

I really really would like to get into landscape watercolour semi-abstract painting ... have had a small Rowney tin with various brushes for a long time ... I need encouragement & I know it would be therapeutic for me, but I can't drum up enthusiasm at home

I have shared on this forum before I have bi-polar disorder & other physical health troubles but I try to be positive & think there are many people worse off than me, I have good days & not-so-good days so try to go with the flow ... ha I say if only it all worked out like that LOL

I would like to wish you @melly1991 all the best for the future with your health and studies

Message 16 of 33

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Just a quick interlude in between doing some work to say... the off road chair is AWESOME!  🙂  I've got some plans there, too...  

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 17 of 33

melly1991
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous I know what you mean. You say you go with the flow but sometimes it doesn't work like that lol. The books are fun. I get many from The Works and they have a variety so you could have a look. Some have quite big spaces and it needn't be perfect. I hope you do pick up your water colours again. I used to use oil paints but the smell, which I used to love, sets off my oh so pleasant migraines so painting is a no no for me. Colouring is the best compromise for me.

@Daddydoink it did look an awesome chair. Bad side now my brother is looking to how he can "modify" my chair!
Message 18 of 33

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ahh I wouldn't recommend modifying wheelchairs. I have two which are both so sensitive to anything added. I have a speedometer on the standard wheelchair, which is designed to get me around quickly 🙂
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 19 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@melly1991 you can actually fall asleep in MRI machines.?? Good grief. I am a 'big strong nurse' and hate MRI xrays with a passion...I feel like yelling 'Got any Valium anyone' ? Fear LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 33