Summer! 🌴☀️ Favourite ice cream flavours 🍨

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Summer on the community

Hi guys,

As part of our Summer on the O2 Community activity, we're seeing summer out with a bang by posting a series of summer-related topics created by both our community members as well as us in the CM team! (There's still time if you feel inspired and want to participate too, just let us know). 

🌴☀️🍨🌴☀️🍨🌴☀️🍨🌴☀️🍨🌴☀️🍨

It's my turn to write a summer topic, and I chose the topic of M which I think many of us might be craving for even right now due to the heatwave. What ice cream did you have last?

What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Do you like any of the other types such as sorbet or frozen yoghurt?

My favourites are probably something like what you see in the first photo below drool or a bowl of raspberry sorbet mixed with a soft ball of ice cream, maybe rum and raising flavour or vanilla.

Also... would you taste (or have you tasted?) any unusual ice cream flavours? Such as any of these ones, like pear and blue cheese? grin I've had garlic ice cream at a garlic festival in Finland when I was a child and it was surprisingly pleasant, although I would not choose it if it was one of the flavours in a super market...

Ice creamIce creamIce cream

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@gmarkj What's Mr Whippy?? grin Sounds like whipped cream! I've never really liked strawberry ice cream in the past, because it always tasted like strange strawberry fake flavour, but nowadays I've begun to enjoy it. It's a great sorbet flavour!

This is a Mr Whippy @Marjo :

image.png

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Marjo
Would like to pop in to your Summer ice cream topic and tell you my favourite style of ice cream dessert... fresh or tin Mango slices with scoop of Mackies traditional dairy ice cream (made in Scotland) topped with whipped cream and a Galaxy Ripple pushed into top!
Heavenly 😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Wow that sounds amazing @TallTrees ! drool

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vanilla flavour is my go to ice cream ... but ... tuti fruiti is my favourite, although hard to find ... had one in Italy many many years ago smiling

Thought about you on Friday @Marjo ... there is an ice cream tug boat moored up in town ... I had my usual tub with rainbow sprinkles and a flake ... I usually say no the various sauces as I am a messy eater and don't want to get it all down me ... but ... they stock Sicillian Lemon sauce, which I had a taste of = fab ... I had another on my way back home *tsk tsk*

Message 14 of 23

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous - your mention of tutti-fruiti brought back memories...

Haven`t seen that for years... I`d love one...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Mr Whippy/99 for me, but will sometimes have strawberry or mint choc chip...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a varied choice for me.

Vanilla

Chocolate

Coffee

Mint Choc Chip (last time I had that was years ago in a King Cone I bought at a motorway service area on the back home from a school trip)

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought of you today @Marjo as you like ice cream

I saw a strawberry ice cream coloured car with metallic finish slight_smile

Message 18 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Baskin Robbins used to do self-serve toppings, including their hot (chocolate) fudge sauce, from a pump dispenser... So 2 scoops of vanilla, in a paper cup, with lashings of hot fudge sauce and some chopped nuts on top - bliss in a cup!e4d96173a7f3a07d222b9344cdc8f4ad__01.jpg 

Message 19 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nice one @Anonymous ! I like spotting unusual-coloured cars on the roads! My favourites are indeed the bright ones and actually I saw a very bold and bright magenta-coloured sports car the other day with like a shiny gradient type of paint. Someone who knows more about car paints can probably tell me the name for that type of paint.... grin

I'm craving for strawberry ice cream now. With real strawberries, not the fake flavour. Ideally vanilla ice cream with real strawberry pieces on top! drool

@pgn that sounds delicious! Can you have as much of the topping as you want or does it give you a pre-defined amount of the sauce? I'd fill in half ice cream and half sauce! grin

Message 20 of 23