Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being a complete numpty...

What is the Strictly curse Don't know ???

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Being a complete numpty...

What is the Strictly curse Don't know ???

Where partners and celeb dancers get so close, they break up relationships. Happened a few times now !

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

More new contestants announced

Bill Bailey Comedian

Bill Bailey

And JJ Chalmers a Royal Marine who suffered life changing injuries in Afganistan. Hw has competed in the Invictus Games and is a medal winner.

JJ Chalmers

Made in Chelsea Star Jamie Laing has been confirmed (He dropped ou last year and was replaced by Kelvin Fletcher who went on to win)

And the next one is Maisie Smith from Eastenders

National Television Awards 2020 - Red Carpet Arrivals : News Photo

Not sure how long these pictures will last as they are all copy and paste!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 111

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for info on the "curse" and update on celebs.

I like Bill Bailey on QI - good for a laugh and although I never watch Made In Chelsea and love him or loath him, Jamie has done quite a few shows for charity.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well having seen the last 2 contestants being announced, I'm debating whether this is going to be the worst series ever or the cheapest series ever. Either way, disappointment abounds and this could be the last series of Strictly we see.

Couldn't we have Ed Balls back instead of the anonymous Jacqui Smith? HRVY, obviously named because predictive spelling failed, seems to be a Justin Bieber with less talent and far less entertaining than Buff Correll. 

Good that Jaime Lang gets another go as we wouldn't have had Kelvin last year! Saying that, Kelvin would have probably been in this years series and well, perhaps that was a a good thing after all.

Message 15 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Was just posting the last 2 contestants here. Now making a final total of 12

Harvey Leigh Cantwell, otherwise know as HRVY (who?)

He is a pop singer I've never heard of..

HRVY

The 12th and final contestant is Jacquie Smith, former Home Secretary.

Jacqui Smith

So all in all, a very pathetic line up.

I still have no idea how these dancers and celebs can possibly adhere to social distancing or be in a social bubble as they are free to go home each night.

The BBC said..

"The contestants will be staying in a hotel for two weeks ahead of pre-recording all the the group dances.

The BBC also confirmed they will be able to rehearse, perform and go home to their family each night - following government guidelines"

Errrrr...what government guidelines are these? Something made up for Strictly?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53989685 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

This is now confirmed as "worst series ever": They're relegating Nadiya  to some backup dancer role sob

Oh and the launch show is on Saturday (17th) at 750pm for an excruitating 1hour and 24 mins  which I'll expect lots of video segments to appear. 

True to form, we're in for a whole series of mediocre music again. Whoever books these musical acts needs to find another job. 

Good news, they have Kelvin on to show the other numpties to give up now because everyone has done the comparison and lets just say there is no comparison!

Message 17 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I heard they are revealing the pairings. I've only heard rumours from the press but they are saying Oti has been paired with Bill Brydon.

If that's the case, she will be out by week 3 I imagine!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So SCD starts tonight at 19.50pm -21.20pm on BBC1.

It will be the usual pre show stuff, revealing the pairings etc. No doubt with a dance or two from the professionals.

I have no idea how they will do this, (with social distancing and Covid rules) I know they have created a Strictly Bubble (so called) though I'm not sure how that will work, when contestants are going home to families at night.

Just giving @Anonymous a heads up, as she forgot to watch last years opening show wink

Also @Mi-Amigo  did say he may watch as he likes DOI. smiling

I have read my favourite night (Halloween) won't take place this year, due to the late start of the show and all the costumes and makeup required.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for notifying me @Cleoriff
I have put my phone alarm on
Looking forward to it
I shall call my mum later to let her know. I hope it will bring back happy memories for her of the days all 4 of the family went dancing 🎶
Message 20 of 111