Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmmm, thought the judges got it wrong in sending Jason home but then again, I'm not surprised. More determination from Jason as Nicola seemed to be on the despondent side. Nontheless, she admitted next week will be hard for her.

Loved the Kanneh-Masons and of course the bonus of Nadiya made it just about perfect heart_eyes I'll be youtubing The Vamps to see if I'll be disappointed next week. 

Tess: another good outfit. Claudia obviously shopping in the clearance section of a Goth clothing website. 

Now did I catch it right that Bill Bailey is doing Couple's choice to Rapper's delight (Sugarhill Gang)? 

Message 51 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I know Bill is doing  the couples choice and it appeared to be some sort of rap....though with his sense of humour, I really haven't got a clue. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Week 4 Songs and Dances.

(@sheepdog  you were correct re Bill and Oti.) yahoo

*Bill & Oti: Couple's Choice to Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang
*Caroline & Johannes: Waltz to With You I'm Born Again by Billy Preston and Syreeta Wright
*Clara & Aljaž: Charleston to Baby Face by Julie Andrews
*HRVY & Janette: Salsa to Dynamite by BTS
*Jamie & Karen: Samba to Bamboleo by Gipsy Kings
*JJ & Amy: Jive to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy by Bette Midler
*Maisie & Gorka: Cha Cha to Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
*Max & Dianne: American Smooth to It Had To Be You by Harry Connick Jr.
*Nicola & Katya: American Smooth to Stand By Me by Ben E. King
*Ranvir & Giovanni: Cha Cha to Oye Como Va / I Like It Like That by Santana / Pete Rodriguez

A good mix I think.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Nicola and Katya are out of Strictly due to Katya testing positive for Covid 19.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6fdf823a-2afa-4803-8a33-a190b3af4019?fbclid=... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So Katya is asymptomatic so begs the question How big was her bubble? Second question: Was Rylan in this extended bubble as he's off too.

Could we see more drop-outs in the next few days? 

Anyway, that's Katya out of the programme forever. 

Message 55 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Rylan hasn't tested positive @sheepdog 

He wrote: "I found out this week that someone I have been in recent contact with outside of work has tested positive for coronavirus.

I am therefore now following the government guidelines and having to isolate.

I have sought out a COVID test and thankfully that has returned a negative result.

That does mean I will miss the next 2 weeks of Strictly It Takes Two and my BBC Radio 2 Saturday show.

I look forward to being back soon and wish all the couples good luck for this weekend."

(So his bubble isn't a bubble at all if he:

1) Meets someone outside of work....

2) Still doing his Radio 2 show during SCD)

A few people on the SCD forum asked the same question as you re Katya. Let's face it, she is a law unto herself rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

PS. I always wondered about the safety of the SCD 'bubble'. A few of the celebrities made it clear from the start that they would be going home to their families every night. I think Ranvir was the first one to say this. Yet Maisie hasn't seen her family since the start of the show.

This weekend, I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of here' starts. They aren't in Australia this year, they have taken over a castle in Wales.

A completely different format, as the contestants formed a bubble 4 weeks ago. (Even so, AJ Pritchard, tested positive for Covid 3 weeks ago, although will be clear to start the show) Funnily enough, he used to dance on SCD!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Now we are down to two judges. Motsi Mabuse had to fly to Germany this week for personal reason. She is now back in the UK and self isolating.

By this rate, there will be no-one left!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Anton du Beke will be replacing Motsi as a judge for a couple of weeks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

HRVY and Janette...Salsa. What an opening number. Excellent, with Shirley giving first 10  Score 27

Ranvir and Giovanni. Cha Cha.. Not as good as last week. Legs should have been straighter. Please stop telling us how hards he works in such a short time!!Score 20

Max and Dianne. American Smooth. I so wanted him to be good, but he lost it really. Score 20

JJ and Amy. Jive....Lovely to see Price Harry talking to JJ. Kicks and flicks weren't sharp enough. Please don't give hime the sympathy vote as it wasn't that good really. Scored 17.

Maisie and Gorka. Cha Cha. Did very well although I expected her to be better somehow?Overmarked, I thought. Score 24

Bill and Oti. Couples Choice. Just superb. Totally on the beat all the way through. Another 10 from Shirley. Scored 27

Caroline and Johannes. Waltz Didn't set me alight at all. Although a very nice dance. Scored 22

Jamie and Karen. Samba I really can't take to Jamie at all although he danced much better than I expected. Very good dance and I'm surprised. Scored 25!!

Clara and Alijaz. Charleston. Just brilliant. Absolutely well done. Scored 29.

Didnt expect 2 10's for Clara.  Scores higher this week due to Anton.

A great show tonight .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 111