Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Doesn't matter, Emma/Anton won't win anyway. Seeing a bit of ITT earlier when they were going through the tunes, its safe to say their showdance won't be anything more than another ballroom medley. Nothing about it says daring or pushing the limits because Anton doesn't know how. This year its probably the showdance that will swing the votes though I think Karim's may not come off as well as he thinks. 

Message 241 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The problem with Emma and ANTON, is people are voting for him and not them as a couple. The amount of posts I've seen stating ANTON deserves to win is ridiculous. I know it's the public who decide the winner but I will be watching the judges marks carefully as I do think they are biased!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 242 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something about Anton? LOL

Message 243 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Something about Anton? LOL

Correct @Anonymous rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 244 of 252

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not that impressed with either of them if honest @jonsie 

Well known that Anton is a ballroom dancer and isn't an expert at Latin. That being so, they have danced EVERY ballroom dance available and swerved latin when possible.

Add to that, Emma is the only finalist who has had plenty of previous dance experience having appeared in a number of West End musicals.

Kelvin is my winner but Karim is a much better dancer than Emma. Sadly the public have not taken to him at all and thats the reason Anton and Emma will get more votes than him in the final. rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 246 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apparently on ITT (which I didn't get to see) the couples have chosen their favourote dances for the final.

Kelvin & Oti - Samba
Karim & Amy - Jive
Emma & Anton- Viennese Waltz

ANOTHER Ballroom for Anton and Emma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 247 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So apparently the judges want Karim to win as he was top of the leaderboard. Kelvin was 2nd and Emma 3rd. Luckily, their votes don't count as it was all down to the public.

Unfortunately voting via the website had problems AGAIN!! People will (and have) been crying fix, if you weren't voting for the one the BBC want. rofl

Not going through all the dances though will make mention of Kelvins showdance which was absolutely superb.

Kelvin and Oti have won. Brilliant and well deserved.  Bouncy

PS @sheepdog . I'm sure Taylor Swift was wonderful. The problem was the TV sound was poor and couldn't hear her!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 248 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Strangely enough I managed to vote straight away at about 8pm or so. Annoyingly, had to wait till 1030pm when it became available on iPlayer but thanks to the BBC wanting to promote their own program, I found out on the news who won as a headline. Made the show a bit flat unfortunately.

The show must have a visit from the Health and Safety Insurance Elf as another year goes by where no dramatic lifts take place and we're stuck with rehashes or a medley. But if you're going to do a rehash or a medley, make it more interesting like Kelvin did. After 13 weeks the only thing we have discovered about Karim's ability is that he can prance and pirouette for under 2 mins, As for Anton's showdance, its supposed to be about his partner isn't it?

No @Cleoriff Taylor Swift was as I predicted last week, dire. Didn't quite help when it was obviously a pre-recorded segement with the producers trying to convince the viewers by getting TS to walk on. Well the second give-away was the fact when the pro dancers came on, there was absolutely zero audience noise which gave it a very muted performance. Actually I think it was a mime-job anyway as she's not known for being that great at singing live and that was way too clean vocally to be live for me. She is a talent but sadly, she gets the Number 1 position of Mediocre Music Guest of the series for being a disappointment. 

The BBC need to create a better trophy for next year as it looked a bit too Blue Peter-ish in HD.

So I have this really perverse thought about getting someone nominated for next years show who fulfils all the criteria of being

a) on social media

b) has little dancing ability

c) has even less singing ability and

d) can adapt to any style thrown at him.

You know it and you want to happen - Ladies and Gentleman, lets start the campaign to get the legendary Buff Correll on Strictly! 

Note: (d) might be a stretch but honestly, do I have to remind you of Anne Widdocome & John Sargent?

Message 249 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog 

The glitterball trophy mysteriously started to fall to bits just before the show started..It lost a few of its glitter squares, which had to be glued on again.

Also I do have to repeat how much I hate the BBC's aversion to letting us know who came 2nd and 3rd. The only reality TV show to do this!!

As for the dances, I'm so pleased 'Mr Ballroom' chose only ballroom. It really did highlight problems when they went out of sync as they did on numerous occasions. As for the charleston, Emma outdanced Anton in my humble opinion. Serves the judges right for giving them a dance where they achieved 39 only a couple of weeks ago.

Kelvin and Oti had to be commended for choosing 'the dance of death' ie the samba, for the final. I can't think of any other couple who would have been so brave.

As for their showdance, I have to say again, wow, just wow. Yes it was a rehash of various other dances, though only Oti could have choreographed that to make it seamless. No wonder Motsi was nearly in tears. (the only time she has shown how proud she is of her sister)

Note to Motsi, please find another dresser. Appearing in the final looking like an overblown ostrich does you no favours at all.

As for Karim, he was better than Emma. However Bruno repeating again that his jive was the 'best ever' on Strictly...doesn't mean it was. That accolade firmly belongs to Jay and Aliona.

All that aside, I'm sad it's over. Only another 9 months to wait until it starts again. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 250 of 252