Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@Anonymous In Batman terms, Nadiya's dress was more of a tribute to "Poison ivy". One of my favourite Batman villans but best watched in 90's animated series than the Uma Thurman one. 

@Cleoriff saw Harry Connick Jr on iplayer and you were right, what were they thinking in that arrangment! Another forgettable performance from the results show. On the plus side, Anton & Nadiya were the stars in that segment. 

Next week, we have Keith Urban a country singer with surprise surprise, a recent hit album. Must be a first to have a country artist on so this should be interesting. Well I have a low opinion of country music in general so he can't be any worse than Lewis Capaldi can he?

Sheepdog in "Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo" mode

Thank you for the info @sheepdog ... I havn't seen any of the modern Batman films that I can recall ... I was just interested in Nadiya's dress from a dancing point of view ... I shall try and check out the 90's animated series

@sheepdog May You Never Fall Off Your Horse ... and ... yes, I do like the more positive country music Dance Dance

Message 111 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Week 4 Songs and Dances

• Alex and Neil: Tango to Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
  • Catherine and Johannes: Charleston to Single Ladies by Beyoncé
  • Emma and Anton: Viennese Waltz to Send in the Clowns by Barbra Streisand
  • Emma and Aljaž: Jive to Kids in America by Kim Wilde
  • Michelle and Giovanni: Salsa to Quimbara by Johnny Pacheco and Celia Cruz
  • Saffron and AJ: Couple's Choice: Contemporary to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
  • Chris and Karen: Jive to Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) by Elton John
  • David and Nadiya: Quickstep to From Now On by Hugh Jackman
  • Dev and Dianne: Cha Cha to Dancing With a Stranger by Sam Smith featuring Normani
  • Karim and Amy: Tango to Paradise by George Ezra
  • Kelvin and Oti: Rumba to Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
  • Mike and Katya: Quickstep to Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
  • Will and Janette: Foxtrot to Señorita By Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello

I see Saffron and AJ are doing Couples choice this week.

No doubt Shirley and Bruno will be getting all hot and bothered about Kelvin's Rumba rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 112 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Kids in America to a Jive? Um no. The DA interpretation should be quite unique.

Kind of looking forward to Tinsel & Johanes on that tune. 

Think it will be who does the best Quickstep this weekend to who stays. 

Message 113 of 252

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm looking forward to watching Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday.
LGreenwood
Message 114 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luke30 wrote:
I'm looking forward to watching Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday.

Me too @Luke30 ... after reading the above post from @Cleoriff regarding tunes and dances Dance Dance

Message 115 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Firstly, I must ask...why does Motsi have to be so loud??

I will start with Anton and Emma. Anton must think his Christmas's have all come at once. Lovely Viennese Waltz. Scored 35

Chris and Karen. A reasonable jive. Scored 26

Dev and Dianne  Cha Cha to a very weird song! Scored 27

Catherine and Johannes. Love this couple. Danced a lovely Charleston Scored 30

Alex and Neil. Not really impressed with that tango. Wrong music really. Scored 23

David and Nadiya. Yes he has improved but an 8 from Bruno. Really? Scored 28. (overmarked imo)

Kelvin and Oti danced a beautiful Rumba. Loved it. Needless to say all the judges were fanning themselves!  Scored 36

Emma and Aljaz. Great jive. Unbelievable that Bruno scored them 1 point less than David. They scored the same as well 28

Part 2 to follow...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 116 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Michelle and Giovanni. Danced a Salsa. Pretty good apart from the head bump at the end. Scored 31

Will and Janette ..Danced a foxtrot...what a difficult dance for Will and considering all that, he did quite well. Scored 24. (I think he will be saved by the public vote)

Mike and Katya. Danced a Quickstep. Great improvement. Scored 32

Saffron and AJ. Couples Choice. (Contemporary) Quite lovely. Scored 33.

Karim and Amy. A Tango this week(to a George Ezra song??) Excellent performance. Scored 38

No idea who will be in the dance off. According to the leaderboard it should be Alex and Will... though I doubt it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff my mother said exactly the same thing about Motsi!

Wait....best show of the series so far! 

I honestly think everybody upped their game this week so will be a shame if anyone goes. However, some overmarking and undermarking so who goes from the bottom 6 is anyone's guess. 

Disappointed in Tinsel's Charleston. The music was a bit too fast and nothing said wow about it. Johannes on the other hand, looked like he'd fit right into that Beyonce video (along with the other rumoured leotard'ed male but google that one whilst waiting for the results show joy ). 

Liked Dev & Dianne's choice but one I think the judges will get him to do again if he gets to the final as the judges choice as he will improve. Must check out the song on youtube as I wasn't expecting that.

Saffron and let me blame AJ for this: is becoming samey and it may the speed of execution that is disguising her flaws and she is going to be found out soon. Minus marks from me for bring the Nan into it with tears. Also, the Celine Dion song lyrics is in the past tense so the emotion may be slightly misplaced..moving on...

Massive improvement from David James and obvious marked on improvement rather than the technicals and same goes for Mike Bushell. No idea why Katya was crying but then if Saffron can throw Nan into the mix, why not go that extra bit to gain the sympathy vote.

Message 118 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoyed tonight's show, even though I didn't see all of it from the beginning

I voted tactically for David & Nadiya

Mike & Katya ... no mention was made of his poor footwork = not enough pointed toes & not enough heel leads ... he galloped around the ballroom with bent legs

Mike is on the catnip Cat Very Happy wink

Performance I'd like to see again, but not in the dance off, is Saffron & AJ ... dancing barefoot is difficult, and she really did well ... (I've only danced once barefoot, a Bollywood dance class, felt dirty / gritty underfoot)

Outstanding performance was Karim and Amy ... true tango, but very fast music (not strict tempo) 

Message 119 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I just think the marking was all over the place.

However much David improved and he did make mistakes, he did NOT deserve the 8 from Bruno.

I think it will be a shock elimination. I can't see anyone voting Will out.

PS I think Katya was crying because people accused her of being drunk last week...and she went OTT on social media to deny it. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 120 of 252