Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here's the song from Moana @sheepdog 

Hardly Rhumba material

And the Paso Doble to this ???

Beggars belief!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Michelle and Giovanni  Wow....a great Quickstep ...Scored 35

Alex and Neil. Not impressed. Very little Rumba content Score 23

Chris and Karen...American Smooth. 'Could do better'! Score 22

Karim and Amy...Samba. I expected more really   Score 26

Catherine and Johannes. Now THAT was a rumba . Score 32.

Will and Janette. Stupid choice of music for a Paso. Score 23

Kelvin and Oti. Just brilliant Charleston. I think they were slightly overmarked. Score 38

Emma and Aljaz. Foxtrot. Did well. Scored 28

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Anneka and Kevin....What an awful Charleston. Scored 11

Saffron and AJ. Paso (hated the music) but made a decent job of it Scored 28

Mike and Katya. Cha Cha Cha. (was she drunk? Nearly fell during the dance and fell over when upstairs

Scored 18

Emma and Anton Salsa. Not bad..scored 27

Dev and Dianne. Did a couples choice routine. Absolutely brilliant Scored 36

Certainly can see the winners and losers of this bunch...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 93 of 252

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You know, I started watching this and had to turn to the athletics because of the insane, inane and manic cheering at every move by the dancers. Is it part of the ticket criteria that half of the audience have to have a degree in stupidity or are half the audience on day release from the infant's playground?

It really does spoil the programme especially to someone with tinnitus. I find it strange because whenever it shows the people in the audience at the front, they just seem to be enjoying the dances. The time for cheering is at the end of the performance, not for responding to an idiot holding a board up to tell those in the cheap seats to make a really annoying amount of screaming at the simplest of managing to put one foot in front of the other without crushing their partner's foot!

Or is it simply canned noise by the show's producers to make us think it's a privilege to watch some of the lesser masters of dance to some of the most inappropriate music choices?

Message 94 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As expected, total mis-match of songs and worse: costumes to dances. Especially Motsi who seemed to think she was the bride at a wedding. 

Good stuff from Michelle, Kelvin, Dev, Chris R. and Will - the latter two progressing nicely week on week. Karim was let down by his onesie so he gets a pass this week but getting a bit samey. Enjoyed Emma/Anton's  routine though a touch slow, was well executed. Not sure on the rhumba's but then again, its not a great dance for anyone. Emma needs more as she can do well but will fade into dullness as we're seeing others develop better. 

Big improvement by David James but think he may be gone in the next 3 weeks. 

Still think Saffron is just being thrown around by AJ and like Karim, there some repetative moves that really need to be dropped in order to progress. 

I see Katja is going for the (Ed) Balls method by doing the minimal and covering it in comedy. Will he make it to Halloween week is another question.

Aneka was incredibly regressive and kind of says "I'm going home" especially with the jokingly "it was a charleston?" comment. Believe me, we didn't know it was either. Anyway, who's routine was better: Aneka's running around cluelessly or Smoothie the cat's:

Message 95 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoyed the show, 1st time viewing this series

Didn't miss Darcey, like I thought I would

Anneka to be eliminated

Outstanding were Catherine & Johannes ... could watch that again and again ... & difficult dance is the rhumba

Motsi is a character

Even Shirley Ballas didn't irritate me like she did up to now

Tess, the wooden plank, Daly was her usual self though.

Message 96 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie 

I belong to a SCD group. People who attend the show say they are encouraged to whoop, clap and generally make a lot of noise. Like you, I think it's totally OTT.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 252

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I just think it's all so unnecessary. I remember the programme from years and years ago when it was a pleasure to watch. But it's not just strictly, sad to say, all these sort of talent shows are the same now.

Message 98 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed the hype is irritating

I forgot 

Best dance outfit: Nadiya dancing to 'Kiss from a Rose' by Seal ... her simple styled dress flared out with the soulful music - fabric was a silver grey background with large pink roses on = fab

Best music: Downton Abbey to which Emma & Aljaz did a really good foxtrot

Best professional to watch: Aljaz

Roll on Harry Connick Jr in tonight's show

Message 99 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Katya has put a tweet out claimiing she wasn't drunk! (In respect to her falling twice) She said the fall upstairs was 'deliberate'. Mmmmm, I reserve judgement.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 252