Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Karim and Amy. Foxtrot. Absolutely excellent. One to watch. Scored 32

Mike and Katya. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?? Supposedly an American Smooth in the style of a line dance! Overmarked and scored 14!!

Alex and Neil:  Cha Cha. A bit stompy...Scored 22

Kelvin and Oti: Waltz. Not as good as last week, though still better than many. Scored 28

Will and Janette: Salsa. Gave it everything. Scored 24.

Missed the leaderboard apart from top 3.

Karim and Amy, Michelle and Giovanni and Kelvin and Oti

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So it's David James and James Cracknell in the dance off. No surprise there.

And James and Luba are out.

It's movie week next week...so that should be good. Hopefully

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Ah, the Strictly results show returns. Cue opening Pro dance routine that makes no sense and some bland singer outshone by the pro-dancer couple. 

And I was not disappointed by tonights results show! I mean, why pay an obviously top-rated dancer for him just to tap around on a podium and have the cameras completely ignore him. 

And as for Lewis Capaldi - well thats the first I've heard of him and thanks to that performance, it will be the last. I have no idea what words he was singing - mumbling something about lemon gateux I think. Next week: can Harry Connick Jr convince me not to watch cat videos during his performance? 

Message 83 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I was annoyed when they totally ignored the Spanish flamenco dancer on the podium.

Why bother paying him?

Totally agree about Lewis Capaldi. Even saying his name makes me wonder if he is related to Peter?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 252

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Exactly!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

rofl

Message 87 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Cleoriff & @sheepdog smiling

Your comments have me a-giggling ... the banter puts a smile on my face rofcgu

I have yet to watch this year's SCD ... unable to concentrate for the length of the programme ... & ... far too much 'packing'... too many couples imhho

Miss the professional dancers though ... & ... the dance outfits

Don't wish to record the programme ... because ... the last time I did that & attempted to play back ... the tv screen went blank with an ominous loud bang sound ... LOL

Thank you for mentioning Harry Connick Jr for next week ... that's a plus 

Message 88 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Songs and Dances for Week 3 (Movie week)

Anneka and Kevin: Charleston to Woo Hoo by The 5.6.7.8’s from Kill Bill

Alex and Neil: Rumba to How Far I’ll Go by Auli’I Cravalho from the film Moana

Catherine and Johannes: Rumba to Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga from a A Star Is Born

Emma and Anton: Salsa to Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones from Austin Powers

Emma and Aljaž: Foxtrot to Downton Abbey by John Lunn from Downton Abbey

Michelle and Giovanni: Quickstep to Cabaret by Liza Minelli from the film Cabaret

Saffron and AJ: Paso Doble to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde from The Hunger Games

Chris and Karen: American Smooth (Foxtrot) to Cheek To Cheek by Frank Sinatra from Top Hat

David and Nadiya: American Smooth (Viennese Waltz) to Kiss From A Rose Seal from Batman Forever

Dev and Dianne: Couples’ Choice routine to Friend Like Me by Will Smith from Aladdin

Karim and Amy:  Samba to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas from Kung Fu Panda

Kelvin and Oti: Charleston to Trip A Little Light Fantastic by Lin Manuel Miranda from Mary Poppins Returns

Mike and Katya: Cha Cha Cha to It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls from Magic Mike

Will and Janette: Paso Doble to Gotta Catch ‘Em All Original Theme (Jason Paige) from Pokemon

PS... Struggling to understand the music choices for both Paso's?? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Songs and Dances for Week 3 (Movie week)

Anneka and Kevin: Charleston to Woo Hoo by The 5.6.7.8’s from Kill Bill

Alex and Neil: Rumba to How Far I’ll Go by Auli’I Cravalho from the film Moana

Catherine and Johannes: Rumba to Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga from a A Star Is Born

Emma and Anton: Salsa to Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones from Austin Powers

Emma and Aljaž: Foxtrot to Downton Abbey by John Lunn from Downton Abbey

Michelle and Giovanni: Quickstep to Cabaret by Liza Minelli from the film Cabaret

Saffron and AJ: Paso Doble to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Lorde from The Hunger Games

Chris and Karen: American Smooth (Foxtrot) to Cheek To Cheek by Frank Sinatra from Top Hat

David and Nadiya: American Smooth (Viennese Waltz) to Kiss From A Rose Seal from Batman Forever

Dev and Dianne: Couples’ Choice routine to Friend Like Me by Will Smith from Aladdin

Karim and Amy:  Samba to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas from Kung Fu Panda

Kelvin and Oti: Charleston to Trip A Little Light Fantastic by Lin Manuel Miranda from Mary Poppins Returns

Mike and Katya: Cha Cha Cha to It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls from Magic Mike

Will and Janette: Paso Doble to Gotta Catch ‘Em All Original Theme (Jason Paige) from Pokemon

PS... Struggling to understand the music choices for both Paso's?? Confused

Er, Isn't Moana a kids film? Can't say a Rhumba is the right type of dance there...

Pasa Doble to the most depressing cover version of an upbeat anthemic song? It will be a complete mess if AJ doesn't slow down letting Saffron to actually develop her moves rather than throwing her around like he does with all his partners. Look out for hair whipping. I have a sneaking suspicision David James might be quite safe this weekend. 

Actually these are dreadful choices of music for the non-ballroom dances. Its not as if the cover/originals were great but we've got to contend with the Dave Arch singers interpretation of it. 

Message 90 of 252