Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Brilliant video @Cleoriff thanks for posting. Absolutely amazing dancers. Now if Lauren could do that, well.....but, unfortunately I don't think she'll come close.

Not sure about Charles and Samba, he has a problem with latin dances, as I recall.

For once, I'm happy with the musical choices, in fact they are rather good.

As for Kate she had a good week last week; doubt she can maintain it. Though she has a huge following which may keep her in. Charles, one mistake and he could be gone; he's not very popular anyway.

Should be an interesting evening and an even more interesting results show.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 311 of 576

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The thing is with Kate, she is doing the American Smooth, a dance which will probably suit her I think?

As you say @Glory1 she probably has a massive following....

Has she ever been in the dance off yet? (My brain is befuddled at the moment so I can't remember) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 312 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No, in spite of her dancing deficiencies, she's never been in the bottom 2. She is very popular which is why she's still there.

She's certainly does better with ballroom than latin, so you could well be right @Cleoriff

Message 313 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Very quickly as the X Factor is about to start.

For me top of the pops, without question is Ashley and Pasha, closely followed by Charles and Karen and Joe and Diane.

At the bottom Lauren and AJ followed by Faye and Giovanni; shame about the music!

More later.

Message 314 of 576

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Wasn’t expecting Gloria Estefan to start off but fitted in nicely.

Staaaaycee: well she’s done better and for me the routine was too many tricks than it should have been. Dance-off possible. 

Lauren: surprised they had no backing distractions. Judges right but overly picky. I think she is safe from the dance-off this week regardless of the leaderboard position. 

Graham: um. What was that meant to be other than an automatic dance-off place? Musical set piece that didn’t do him any favours this week. I’ll blame Oti on this one as the other couples choices have been better (imagine it without the other dancers to see what I mean).

Faye: Well that was dramatic and suited the ballroom atmosphere for the dance. Do I detect signs of fatigue? 

Kate: and gone. That was incredibly dull even with extras. Question is, is she actually improving or is Alijaz's personality covering the cracks? Compared to Lauren, no. In a dance-off with Lauren, will the judges go for technique or presentation? She’ll lose against Graham without question.

Charles: yeahhhhhhh. Party!!!! Best one he’s done by far and fitting for Blackpool. Seriously safe and he’s getting my vote tonight. For once the backing dancers actually enhanced his performance. 

Joe: Playing the nan card. Nothing like pushing your Gran for the extra emotional vote 😉
No skinny jeans look for a change. A few mistakes though and better than last week. Overmarked again and not worth 10’s my opinion. Will he make the final or will Charles get a big enough fan base to stop him? 

Ashley: Shall we just crown her the winner now? Probably best jive ever for SCD. Saying that even with the 10’s all round, I’d still say Charles was the best of the night. 
Message 315 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Now being happily fed and watered, my thoughts on tonight's show.

I don't disagree with @sheepdog's comments re Charles and Ashley . I found it hard to choose between the two. I could watch Charles' Samba again and again. His moves were so fluid, they were just amazing. And, the song choice was perfect. Love, loved it Bouncy

But Ashley, in my opinion topped him, just. In fact, if honest, I'd have said they both deserved 4 10s as they delivered the two best dances of the night.

Enjoyed Joe and Diane's Quickstep, though not in the same league as Charles and Ashley, still very good effort for someone who, prior to the show, never danced. However, Bruno's comparison to Fred Astaire was just a bit much. Joe was good but Fred Astaire's quickstep was brilliant!

As for the rest:

Stacey and Kevin: good salsa but, to be honest, I've seen better. And Stacey is a better dancer than it appeared tonight.

Lauren and AJ: oh dear Banana For a start the music was all wrong for an Argentine Tango which certainly didn't help. To be honest at times AJ seemed to drag Lauren across the floor. Could be in danger.

Graeme and Oti: well he tried, bless. Didn't quite succeed though he did his best to keep up with the professional dancers. Didn't really like the routine much; my first time saying that as regards Oti. Again, could be in trouble.

Faye and Giovanni:: didn't like the music at all and not over the moon about their Paso either. I've seen far better on Strictly. May be safe, just.

Katie and Aljaz: great last week but back to her poor performance again this week. A beautuful routine but she didn't do it justice at all. Bottom 2 beckons, unless her strong fan base keeps her in.

So looking forward to the results. If Charles is in the bottom 2 again, the public need their eyes testing. Ashley and Joe definitely safe I think. But with the public who knows Don't know

Message 316 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Graeme, first in dance-off. No surprise there.

Message 317 of 576

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Graeme, first in dance-off. No surprise there.

Agreed, not sure though on who will be with them.....

Message 318 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Ah, Take That.....now what can I do to kill 3 minutes joy

Sorry not, never have been, nor will be a fan, sorry.

Message 319 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Kate the second in the dance-off. Definitely no surprise there. Now who will go. I know my choice wink

Message 320 of 576