Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm finding the musical choices rather interesting as well @Cleoriff. I mean a tango to Sexyback, really Dance 

Not to mention some of the dance choices: Anton and Susannah doing the Samba on the first show: this I want to see, or there again perhaps not HelpAnd Seann doing the Tango, hmm Jaw-dropping

Still it will certainly be an interesting first show Confused

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 121 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So tonight's the night. SCD starts at 6.15pm and ends at 8,35pm....so it's long Bouncy

X-Factor are doing the usual, moving back their show so it doesn't clash. 8.35pm start for them rolling_eyes

That's my viewing sorted...Fantastic

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 122 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

So tonight's the night. SCD starts at 6.15pm and ends at 8,35pm....so it's long Bouncy

X-Factor are doing the usual, moving back their show so it doesn't clash. 8.35pm start for them rolling_eyes

That's my viewing sorted...Fantastic

Yes @Cleoriff SCD is long as all 15 celebrities are dancing. No voting this week though.

I wonder if X-Factor will continue avoiding a clash with SCD for future shows? Anyway, I'll continue to record X-Factir to avoid those annoying ads and to be able to eat something before I watch.

By the way a reminder to download the X-Factor app so you can vote for free when the live shows begin. I've already done it so I'm ready for the live shows when they start.

Going to be a good night Bouncy

Message 123 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

A good night generally

Not going through them all but a few stand out performances

Joe Sugg with his jive really surprised me. He was pretty good.

No surprise that Faye Tozer and Ashley Roberts were top of the leaderboard.

I thought Stacey Dooley did well considering they have never performed a Quickstep on week one...

Danny John Jules was good with his foxtrot

Loved Lauren and AJ's waltz

Very disappointed with Vick and Graziano...great looking bloke and knows it

Poor Anton with Susannah....short straw springs to mind...

That's it for now...Off to watch X Factor wink

Oh and I am disliking Bruno more and more every series...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 124 of 576

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Missed the first two couples but as you said @Cleoriff, generally quite good. Though hopefully Anton will exit after next weekend because everyone else is so much better. The comedy element this early was a mistake and just says he wants out. 

Message 125 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

As sson as I saw Antons bright orange outfit, I wondered what the hell he had come as. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 126 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

A good night generally

Not going through them all but a few stand out performances

Joe Sugg with his jive really surprised me. He was pretty good.

No surprise that Faye Tozer and Ashley Roberts were top of the leaderboard.

I thought Stacey Dooley did well considering they have never performed a Quickstep on week one...

Danny John Jules was good with his foxtrot

Loved Lauren and AJ's waltz

Very disappointed with Vick and Graziano...great looking bloke and knows it

Poor Anton with Susannah....short straw springs to mind...

That's it for now...Off to watch X Factor wink

Oh and I am disliking Bruno more and more every series...

Right, supper in the oven so Strictly.

Agree with everything you said @Cleoriff. It was one of the best opening shows I've seen. Rather impressed with them all, though Sean mmm........ Susannah, awful but no real surprise there I expected her to be. Anton always gets stuck with the duds; are they trying to tell him something do you think? And his outfit - blooming nightmare.

Joe Sugg with his jive was the surprise of the night for me, very good, as I expected him to be awful. Loved Danny John Jules but then I expected I would. Loved Lauren's waltz, so beautiful. And Graham Swann was a surprise too, he wasn't bad and enjoying himself tremendously.

Graziano very full of himself and I expect, from what I've seen, that it's going to be all about him not Vick.

Quite impressed with the chap from Holby, is it(?) Charlie, not a bad dancer. And the doctor from This Morning not bad, not bad at all.

All in all a very enjoyable show. Oh, and what's your problem with Bruno @Cleoriff? Yes, he's OTT but like Craig's pantomime baddie, it's expected and, personally he makes me laugh. Though I think he's getting on Shirley's wick as she's in the direct firing line joy

Message 127 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Glory1

Re Bruno, I used to like him but now I think he is totally OTT and not funny at all.

Craig has always been the pantomime baddie and plays that part to perfection. He is usually spot on with his comments as well.

Bruno just drools over the good looking men and makes an ass of himself.  I am not impressed with his critiques either. Too full of himself and his innuendo type comments are getting a bit old now and I'm no prude...

Ah well... maybe it's because it was a loooooonnnnng show joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 128 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1

Re Bruno, I used to like him but now I think he is totally OTT and not funny at all.

Craig has always been the pantomime baddie and plays that part to perfection. He is usually spot on with his comments as well.

Bruno just drools over the good looking men and makes an ass of himself.  I am not impressed with his critiques either. Too full of himself and his innuendo type comments are getting a bit old now and I'm no prude...

Ah well... maybe it's because it was a loooooonnnnng show joy

Point taken. Though to be honest, when I laugh I'm not ever too sure whether I'm laughing at Bruno or myself for thinking him funny. I'm no prude either and agree with you about his innuendo. Those I don't find funny and think totally inappropriate for a show that is shown before the watershed, and which many children watch and enjoy; though I expect it goes over their heads. I'm surprised the BBC haven't made him tone it down to be honest.

I also often think Bruno enjoys giving what he actually knows will be a different view to Craig. Almost as if he is goading him. A bit of jealously there, perhaps.

Still in spite of the innuendo and his drooling over the good-looking men, and his windmilling arms, I still like him. 

I definitely agree Craig plays the perfect pantomime baddie and I rarelly, if ever, disagree with his comments. He knows his stuff does our Craig.

Message 129 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Week 2 Songs and Dances

• Katie and Gorka will dance a Paso Doble to 'Confident' by Demi Lovato
  • Susannah and Anton perform a Foxtrot to 'They Can’t Take That Away From Me' by Frank Sinatra
  • Ashley and Pasha Cha Cha Cha to 'Boogie Wonderland' by Earth, Wind and Fire
  • Lauren and AJ will Charleston to 'New Rules' by Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox (original by Dua Lipa)
  • Faye and Giovanni will dance a Viennese Waltz to 'It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World' by Seal
  • Stacey and Kevin Cha Cha Cha to 'Came Here For Love' by Sigala feat. Ella Eyre
  • Kate and Aljaz dance the Tango to 'No Roots' by Alice Merton
  • Vick and Graziano will Waltz to 'Somewhere' from West Side Story
  • Danny and Amy Cha Cha Cha to 'Beggin’ by Madcon
  • Lee and Nadiya Jive to 'Blue Suede Shoes' by Elvis Presley
  • Seann and Katya also Jive to 'I’m Still Standing' by Elton John
  • Dr. Ranj and Janette Salsa to 'Fireball' by Pitbull feat. John Ryan
  • Charles and Karen will Quickstep to 'Sir Duke' by Stevie Wonder
  • Graeme and Oti will perform an American Smooth to 'Try A Little Tenderness' by Otis Redding
  • And finally Joe and Dianne will dance a Charleston to 'Cotton Eyed Joe' by Rednex

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 130 of 576