Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

So Ashley Roberts who is a trained pole dancer and skimpy outfit wearer is being considered (apparently confirmed  now)? I wonder why....Lee Ryan an almost certainty given Simon from Blue was on a while ago, I'm sure Faye Tozer was mentioned having some new music out soon so an obvious play for exposure (though yes, she still would be a good choice), Les Dennis could be the tortutous comedy element though it might be fun to see how long Amanda Holden keeps her mouth shut....

Tom Daley, he's busy with his child so doubt that would happen this year. Kate Silverstone is the obligatory BBC presenter so if she's not, then Tomas Shumacher or something will be my choice of BBC weather personality to be forced in...Collen Rooney, agreed and frankly she's dull so can't see that happening at all like Cheryl Whos-surname-is-it-this-year. I suspect that if she did sign up, there will be a clause in her contract to ban all dances moves from Girls Aloud videos from being shown (and if you want proof why, youtube it though you can't exactly consider it a form of dancing).

Though looking at the Radio Times list of potentials, I'd say Alex Scott  is a pretty good choice given her recent World Cup presenting appearances and ticks quite a few boxes all round. 

Of course there's the people we've never heard of appearing on reality tv and social media to come yet so will be interesting to see who gets picked. And if they don't, there's always Dancing On Ice clown

Message 11 of 576

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Another reason to get rid of the telly tax

Ah but this is one of the Off-topic's biggest threads of the year that makes the extortion bearable thumbsup 

Message 12 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Anonymous many, many people still love this show, including @Cleoriff and myself. And there are other good shows on the BBC which make it worth it. It's great to be able to watch a show without stupid adverts interrupting every 10 minutes. Wouldn't want that to change.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 576

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take adverts over supporting the Beeb and Capita anyday.

Message 14 of 576

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm eagerly waiting for the van to come round to tell me I have no licence.....

Message 15 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Funnily enough @jonsie I just had an email confirming my licence has renewed for another year. I hate paper so my Licence is now via email thank God.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog

Ashley Roberts will take a lot of flak as she is a trained dancer. She hosted that Let's Dance show with Ashley Banjo from Diversity.

So will Bonnie Langford for the same reason. When BL did Dancing on Ice she was excellent but one of those who was criticised for her dance experience. The fact she had never danced with skates on seemed irrelevant.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 576

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Funnily enough @jonsie I just had an email confirming my licence has renewed for another year. I hate paper so my Licence is now via email thank God.

I used to pay monthly by DD but up to now I've never felt the need to get one though I know I should. But I won't be getting one if I can help it.

Message 18 of 576

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall miss Brendan, he's my fave pro dancer ... hope it's true Mark Labatt signs up & as for Bonnie Langford she should not be allowed to enter as she has been a trained dancer since a child ... as for her woeful imhho Dancing on Ice = she spent most of the time in the air grimacing

Looking forward to SCD as always Dance

Message 19 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apparently they are announcing two celebs tomorrow. One on BBC Breakfast and the other on the One Show.

Watch this space....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 576