Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ”ชStephen King / Horror Movie Night - Get in Your Vote!๐Ÿ”ช

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's that time of the month again - We are finally back with our fourth offical Community Movie Night. This time, we had a great suggestion from our very own @Mi-Amigo to do a Stephen King-themed Movie Night. Unfortunately, there are only a few Stephen King films available on the major streaming services, so we added a couple more general horror movies we thought you would like the look (or thrill) of wink

If you happened to miss our previous Community Movie Nights (e.g. our Thriller Movie Night last month) this is your time to join! As before, the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight Stephen King/Horror-themed films and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm! ๐Ÿฟ

Of course we won't be able to sit together in front of the screen but that doesn't stop us - Right after voting has finished, we will create a special movie night thread here on the community where everyone can discuss the in's and out's and who's and what's whilst watching. I actually am becoming more resilient with every movie night, so hopefully this one won't scare me to death upside_down

giphy (3).gif

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  1 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  2 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  3 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

AND THE WINNER IS....

winner.jpg

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Not to worry at all @BobM, hopefully you can join us on the next one again wink

I agree @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo IT scares me to death, so I am rather happy it's not on the list. Especially SINCE I AM HOME ALONE ON FRIDAY

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 31 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Christine is brilliant, as is Cujo. (Though I think the book (Cujo) was more frightening than the film)

For those fans of The Shining, King has written a pretty good follow up called Dr Sleep.

Follows the story of a grown up Danny Torrance (the child in the Shining).

Also The Institute is another cracking King book.

You mean Cujo the Chihuahua @Cleoriff ?? rofl

signature

Message 32 of 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Finally (Just for @TheresaV )

Stephen King said this about Pet Sematary. "It was the most frightening book I had ever written. When I finished I shoved it in a drawer never intending to publish it. However, My publishing company were on my back as I was late with my promised book, so I sent in Pet Sematary" rofl

Also would like to repeat a question already asked.

If Pet Sematary is chosen, is it the 1986 version or the latest one? (not sure the latest is on Netflix although someone said it was on Prime.??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

I agree @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo IT scares me to death, so I am rather happy it's not on the list. Especially SINCE I AM HOME ALONE ON FRIDAY

In that case @TheresaV I really hope Pet Sematary is chosen. rofl

I'll send you a pack of valium, an extra large cushion and a gun....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh boy sounds like I'm in for a treat then @Cleoriff joy I wonder what he said about IT thinking

It's the 2019 version @Cleoriff as this is the one available on Netflix. Both are available on Prime but only to rent again unamused

signature

Message 35 of 70

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12161 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
Neither the original or the new version are included with Prime - both show rent or buy (at least on my account) @Cleoriff

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 36 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TheresaV wrote:

In that case @TheresaV I really hope Pet Sematary is chosen. rofl

I'll send you a pack of valium, an extra large cushion and a gun....LOL

DON'T DO THAT TO ME @Cleoriff 

signature

Message 37 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Oh boy sounds like I'm in for a treat then @Cleoriff joy I wonder what he said about IT thinking

It's the 2019 version @Cleoriff as this is the one available on Netflix. Both are available on Prime but only to rent again unamused

See my post above yours @TheresaV rofl

Ohh too late, you've see it joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 70

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Pet Sematary

Hereditary

Message 39 of 70

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

The clown in "IT" isn't half as dangerous as the one currently residing at Number 10 Downing Street clown

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 40 of 70