Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ”ชStephen King / Horror Movie Night - Get in Your Vote!๐Ÿ”ช

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's that time of the month again - We are finally back with our fourth offical Community Movie Night. This time, we had a great suggestion from our very own @Mi-Amigo to do a Stephen King-themed Movie Night. Unfortunately, there are only a few Stephen King films available on the major streaming services, so we added a couple more general horror movies we thought you would like the look (or thrill) of wink

If you happened to miss our previous Community Movie Nights (e.g. our Thriller Movie Night last month) this is your time to join! As before, the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight Stephen King/Horror-themed films and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm! ๐Ÿฟ

Of course we won't be able to sit together in front of the screen but that doesn't stop us - Right after voting has finished, we will create a special movie night thread here on the community where everyone can discuss the in's and out's and who's and what's whilst watching. I actually am becoming more resilient with every movie night, so hopefully this one won't scare me to death upside_down

giphy (3).gif

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  1 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  2 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  3 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

AND THE WINNER IS....

winner.jpg

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

So excited for this one! 

My votes are.. 

Pet Sematary

In The Tall Grass

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 70

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions
Pet Sematary
In the Tall Grass

TBH, I would be happy with any of the last 4 as not seen any of them.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 23 of 70

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hereditary

But...where the hell is "IT" - either version would have done see_no_evil

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 24 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Projectionist wrote:

Hereditary

They are not on any streaming service unless you rent them @Projectionist  pensive 

signature

Message 25 of 70

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The voting tomorrow could get very interesting....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 70

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4592 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry @TheresaV - been AWOL for past week or more and just catching up now.    I'll have to give this week's viewing a miss but hopefully make it for the next one.   

Message 27 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@Projectionist wrote:

Hereditary

They are not on any streaming service unless you rent them @Projectionist  pensive 

@ProjectionistI could NOT watch IT again.

1) I hate clowns

2) When I read the book it frightened the life out of me, when I went to bed, I wouldn't hang my foot out of the bed even when the weather was hot. I used to kick the book under the bed.

3) Knowing what the first film was like, I couldn't bear to watch the 2nd version. The most frightening book I've ever read....Fear

4) Stephen King is one of my favourite authors, but even now I'm very careful when and where I read his books Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 70

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m with you @Cleoriff regarding Stephen King`s "IT".

I found the book and the movie frightening, so, to be honest, am rather glad it can`t be voted for as the movie for our Movie Night.

Disappointed that my favourite Stephen King movie "Christine" isn`t in any free play list.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Christine is brilliant, as is Cujo. (Though I think the book (Cujo) was more frightening than the film)

For those fans of The Shining, King has written a pretty good follow up called Dr Sleep.

Follows the story of a grown up Danny Torrance (the child in the Shining).

Also The Institute is another cracking King book.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 70