Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ”ชStephen King / Horror Movie Night - Get in Your Vote!๐Ÿ”ช

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's that time of the month again - We are finally back with our fourth offical Community Movie Night. This time, we had a great suggestion from our very own @Mi-Amigo to do a Stephen King-themed Movie Night. Unfortunately, there are only a few Stephen King films available on the major streaming services, so we added a couple more general horror movies we thought you would like the look (or thrill) of wink

If you happened to miss our previous Community Movie Nights (e.g. our Thriller Movie Night last month) this is your time to join! As before, the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight Stephen King/Horror-themed films and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm! ๐Ÿฟ

Of course we won't be able to sit together in front of the screen but that doesn't stop us - Right after voting has finished, we will create a special movie night thread here on the community where everyone can discuss the in's and out's and who's and what's whilst watching. I actually am becoming more resilient with every movie night, so hopefully this one won't scare me to death upside_down

giphy (3).gif

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  1 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  2 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

๐ŸŒŸ R O U N D  3 ๐ŸŒŸ

- C L O S E D -

AND THE WINNER IS....

winner.jpg

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hope to see all of my regulars again @Cleoriff @MI5 @Mi-Amigo @gmarkj @sheepdog @pgn @jonsie @Projectionist @TallTrees @Bambino @viridis @Anonymous @madasaf1sh @RunrigForever @BobM @Anonymous as well as many others! hugging

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 2 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately not going to be able to watch this Friday, but will catch up with the winner at some point....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 70

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TheresaV for taking up my suggestion of a Stephen King/Horror Movie film night

Here are my votes

1 1922

2 Pet Sematary

3 In The Tall Grass

4 Hereditary

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 70

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Ok I will vote for:

1. Gerald's Game
  2. Pet Sematary
  3. In The Tall Grass
  4. Hereditary

signature

Message 5 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TheresaV 

An avid Stephen King reader and film watcher (a pity Cujo nor Christine wasn't included lol)

However...

Pet Semetary

The Tall Grass

Hereditary

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Such a great suggestion @Mi-Amigo Thank you for that hugging

Sorry to hear you can't join this Friday @MI5, hopefully we will have you again next time smiling

We wanted to include more (such as The Shining and Christine) but couldn't find them on any streaming services @Cleoriff frowning2

signature

Message 7 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

My votes are:

1. 1922 
  2. Pet Sematary
  3. In The Tall Grass
  4. Hereditary

signature

Message 8 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh I didn't realise they weren't on any streaming services @TheresaV . He has written so many books translated into films it would have been a nightmare to choose yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 70

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I know @Cleoriff such a pity frowning2 I only found them to rent but I thought that wouldn't really be fair for everyone! Fingers crossed they will be back on Netflix soon!

signature

Message 10 of 70