Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 580

Re: Spring clean your smartphone

@Cleoriffwrote:

Well just look how smart and tidy that looks...

I feel so ashamed LOL

Yep, all surrounded by a lovely red bezel 😂

Topics: 765

@jonsiewrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Well just look how smart and tidy that looks...

I feel so ashamed LOL

Yep, all surrounded by a lovely red bezel 😂

LOL

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

My little 3GS has no apps on it because nothing works with the version of iOS I’m on! but I’m a bit of a clean freak on my iPad, I have a page for 

stuff I use everyday... banking / weather

social media.. snapchat / Tweetbot 

media... Netflix / you tube / catch up tv

utilities... Scottish Power / Tesco mobile

ios utilities... camera / photos / notes

settings... settings / App Store / iTunes / undeleteable apps

(I barely know how to use most of these apps but I am trying!!)

and anything I don’t use gets deleted ASAP. I do a reset every few months and start afresh when it becomes sluggish. As for physical cleaning.. it gets done most weeks! 

Im so glad I don’t have to use a keyboard any more!! The ones at work were awful.. bits of food in them, hair and god knows what else.. if I have to use one these days I turn it upside down and give it a shake, followed by a wipe with wipes or a damp cloth..

It’s making me shudder just thinking about it!

@jonsie .. so tidy!! Love it!!

Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 

I tend not to do much cleaning wise, either what is on the phone or the phone itself.

If I need to tidy up, then I use the settings menu rather than have another app on the phone.

I already use folders to keep things organised on home screens, and only have most used apps out on their own.

All photos are backed up to Google account although I don't delete them off the phone (they are on the SD card).

In terms of physically cleaning, I keep my phone in a case (the back is such a fingerprint magnet, too shiny) but it does get taken out once a week or so for a wipe over. I should really use something anti-bacterial every now and then, but it would depend on having something that can be used on electronics to hand...

I have my last 3 phones in various places in the house. By the time I finish with them it is not worth trying to recycle them - my last two together get me £45 IF they get the full value on o2 recycle (not holding my breath...) which is not really worth my time.

The only thing is that I tried to keep the case I use for this phone slim so as to not bulk it out. This means that I don't have a stand so I have to try and prop it up when I want to watch something hands-free.

Think I need to find a method to stand it up for ease...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Community Manager

I usually only delete apps when my storage is full and I find that I can't install a new one so I'll definitely be following some of these steps! laughing

My photo albums could do with a clear out as well. Way too many memes clogging them up! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:

I clean my phone regularly with a 'spectacle & lens wipe' after I've cleaned my spectacles ... from now on will clean the back of the phone with it too ... the front has a good clear plastic screen protector

After reading about the bacteria levels on the phone (makes sense), I'm cleaning it every couple of days. I think it's got me paranoid now joy

Here's what my homescreen looks like right now - not sure about the icon pack I'm using though, but this is how I've always organised things:

• Main folders at the top (L<>R: Google folder, Music & Media folder, Social Media folder, Games folder, Samsung Secure folder)
  • Most used apps under: Calendar, notes, clock, settings, Play Store, maps, camera, Clash of Clans etc

Screenshot_20180322-093145.jpg

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Anonymous

What are folders ... LOL

Lovely photo of your lovely lady @jonsie

Former Staff

Thanks for the reminder for cleaning my phone @Chris_K! It's about time I do that. Smiley Very Happy My home screen is always organised but I have loads of unused random apps that I've downloaded over the past few months (year...), as well as some mobile games that I'm no longer playing that just unnecessarily take space.

Just checked and I have 7,274 photos on my phone. Mostly duplicate photos of my cats and some random weird memes. LOL

Here's the front page of my phone screen - yellow to match my bright yellow phone case! I only have a couple of folders that I'm using to group games and shopping-related apps (you can see I like takeout):

My phone screen

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 765

[ Edited ]

@Marjowrote:

Thanks for the reminder for cleaning my phone @Chris_K! It's about time I do that. Smiley Very Happy My home screen is always organised but I have loads of unused random apps that I've downloaded over the past few months (year...), as well as some mobile games that I'm no longer playing that just unnecessarily take space.

Just checked and I have 7,274 photos on my phone. Mostly duplicate photos of my cats and some random weird memes. LOL

Here's the front page of my phone screen - yellow to match my bright yellow phone case! I only have a couple of folders that I'm using to group games and shopping-related apps (you can see I like takeout):

My phone screen

I see you dont use folders much  @Marjo tongue winking

Oh and by the way....I hope you have read those 185 emails by now? Dance

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 17: Luminescent

I use folders to organise my apps.  I also clean my screen regularly with the same stuff I use to clean my laptop screen grin

The one thing I don't do is get rid of pictures by moving to my computer.  Should do that really.

Thanks

Steve