Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight on air travel 🔦

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Next time you clamber into seat A or F on an Airbus A321neo... Tap the windows just to check!

https://mentourpilot.com/a321neo-passenger-windows-separated-because-of-filming/

😱

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124721 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7532 Solutions

@pgn 

I no longer fly and it's a long time since I was in an Airbus (Flying to Florida, coincidentally)

However, I always choose seats A and F as I'm the only one who likes a window seat.

Not keen on long distance travel but had there been any sort of unexpected loud noise, I would have been the one screaming for the air staff. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

pgn
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

You and me both, @Cleoriff - having travelled on a certain airline's Boeing 720B one time decades ago, to have the co-pilot and one of the cabin crew stride purposefully down the aisle with what looked like a starting crank handle (turns out they were manually cranking down one of the main landing gear bogey locks, which had not latched down according to instrumentation in the cockpit) on the way into land...

Interesting to watch, if you are not a nervous passenger... 😐

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124721 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7532 Solutions

@pgn 

We once flew to Malta and experienced the worst turbulence ever. The plane dropped about 1000ft.

A couple of years later we were at Gatwick waiting to fly to Florida when Ray decided to tell me he had gone off flying! Luckily it was an airbus, so the flight was good.

However, a year or so later, we were buying an apartment in Spain and Ray said, you fly, I'll get a coach. 😂

So I'd been in the apartment 36 hrs when himself arrived. Dirty and smelly and looking like a tramp. We both thought he would be travelling in a great coach with all amenities.

Not a bar of it, this little coach trundled into Victoria Coach station. No toilet or much else. The air conditioning was broken and apparently cockroaches were seen. It kept stopping at various points to allow passengers on who were en-route to Morocco!

When he arrived at the apartment he was so disorientated. He had a shower and went to bed.
We tried to get him on a flight back home but nothing available or far too expensive.

So he left 2 days before me to go home. Same bus. He came and picked me up from BHX and said 'Never again'.

Good job, as you can't have an apartment in Spain with one of the owners refusing to fly. 😂🤣

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12450 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1152 Solutions

Sounds like the trip from hell. Not surprised that after that he was happy to be back flying @Cleoriff !

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

pgn
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Glad to hear Ray eventually came to his senses, @Cleoriff - and oddly, the plane with the crank-down undercarriage incident was doubtless one of these birds:

1113067-large.jpg

Note the airline 😂

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I remember flying to Aberdeen on a Sunday evening a few years ago - a work trip. We landed in a thunderstorm after several abortive attempts. Really frightening and put me off flying ! 💦

Message 7 of 7