Purple Yoda Bobite Cat

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Oh dear @Anonymous, I actually liked you before this post...although as a lifelong Widnes fan I think I'm going to have to reconsider my opinion! LOL

Nah, in all seriousness, the better team won - Classy Cas are giving a lot of decent teams some serious lessons in playing RL this season, and thoroughly deserve their top of the table position.:)

Were you at the match yesterday? Had a good laugh and some cracking banter with a few of your loyal following as always, proper group of RL fans and it makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable, win or lose.

It's never nice to take a pasting like that, but the Wire being rooted to the foot of the table is a nice consolation. And if we're going to be hammered it's nice to see it done well and in style, haha.

Also good to know there's a fellow follower of proper Rugby on here too. wink 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wa10 ... lovely to have another RL fan on the forum ... I wasn't at the match, but am part of their COYF supporters group on Facebook

It's easier for me to go on the train then bus to Headingley, Leeds Rhinos (the Whinos) ground to see Classy Cas' play

To see them play at the mend-a-hose Jungle it is 2 trains & what is for me a long walk, but it's be good to be amongst Cas' fans

I shall take more interest in your team from now on

Cat

Message 3 of 13

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Ouch, that's a bit of a trek. 😞 

I spent a few years living up near Hull, and it was always a ridiculous effort to get to home matches - very odd having the away fixtures at Hull FC and Hull KR as my "home" games. 

the Jungle is a bit out of the way as far as public transport goes, but always a cracking atmosphere - something a lof of the modern grounds (our own sadly included) are sadly lacking. 

Hope your boys can keep up the momentum, we had a flyer of a start last time out but then it all came crashing down. Your squad is looking a lot fresher than we were though, so I'm sure they will dig in. So long as Wire finish below us, I'm happy! 

Nice to see Leigh doing some special things too, they've fought hard to get back into the top flight just as both of our teams have done in recent years, and deserve the chance to shine. 

I'm watching the Wolfpack with keen interest too. At first I laughed it off as another RFL "expansion" farce and could see another London/Celtic situation, but to be fair they're putting on a good show and may even prove that our bveloved Northern game can be successfully expanded beyond the Penines.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Snooker ... whilst browsing the web re: this year's World Championship ... found out that the Masters Tropy has been renamed The Paul Hunter Tropy ... Paul won the Masters 3 times ... passed away at the age of 27 ... he has the Paul Hunter Foundation which helps youngsters with snooker ... he was from Leeds ... & ... as John Parrott says in the 5 minute video I've just watched ... = ... affectionately known as 'The Beckham of the Baize' 

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I remember it being such a sad time for Snooker. Ronnie O'sullivan actually broke down outside the church at his funeral. 

hunter4-e1476294739249.jpg

Message 6 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

It's about time I comment in a sports-related thread! grin

Check the video in this link and tell me if it's the best goal you've ever seen!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39947732

Message 7 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Oh dear! Smiley Very Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy Murray has been knocked-out in the 1st round at Queens ... he said beforehand his winnings will be donated to the Grenfell Tower Disaster, they will still get a windfall 

Message 10 of 13