cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker / dock - wireless or USB-C

Anonymous
Not applicable

So now that i've got my (secondhand) s9+ I need a speaker to crack out the tunes, but it has to be something that will charge at the same time! (gotta use as little energy as possible remember!!)

I've seen a few that have wireless charging & connect via bluetooth, but very few with dock connectors.

Anyone got one, or can give me pointers as to where I should be looking please?

Your help as ever.. is appreciated!

(i've sold my Bose dock to a mate & made a small profit.. so carbon footprint is secure)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You'd be better off with one of the wireless charging ones as long as it's fast wireless charge.
Problem with usb C on Samsung's, is that if using a dock, almost all docks will just have either usb C audio, or 3.5mm, not both, so in order to cut costs, they won't have fast charge over the usb-c just standard charge, even if going via Bluetooth, most usb-c charging capable ones will be standard charging.
Myself I'd go for one with best quality speakers and a fast QI pad, better future proofing too.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers @viridis will start looking for a fast charging one then!
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be a pain @viridis I'm struggling to find anything semi decent. Is there anything or anywhere you'd recommend looking?

And trying to find a fast charger is also proving difficult. The bricks I have say fast charging but don't do it. Could it be the cable or is it a fake brick?
Message 4 of 8

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Do you have the original black Samsung charger?
There can be some issues with fast charging samsungs since they changed something after note7, post note7 chargers are black and are slightly different from Qualcomm quick charge specced ones... However.
Anker ones I've used with note9 and S9 fine, and Sony ones work too, possibly more but I've not checked others.
Also, yes it could also be the cable,
These Are genuine
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XWNXJTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GdD9Bb779V6C8

As for speakers, I myself am tempted by this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078X6S8XR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HhD9BbJEGYYSY

Looks pretty modern and is getting some good reviews off buyers
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
CEX chucked in a cable and a charger. The charger has dual voltage markings on the label, so I'm assuming that means it will fast charge, but they plucked a random cable from the back of the shop. I wasn't sure if the cable would affect it or not, but I'll buy that cable and try it.

And as for the speaker, that's the one I was looking at, it's the only one that looked half decent!
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
That cable turned up today @viridis and works a treat. Thank you!
Message 7 of 8

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No problem, you're welcome
Message 8 of 8