cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern Rail - engineering works including Gatwick services 6m - mostly weekends

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi     Ive just had a heart crunching moment trying to get to London on Sat Sept 8 for Proms in the Park.

There are buses from Lewes to Three Bridges  affecting Brighton , Eastbourne plus other bus rides on the Hastings line

If you are travelling in and out of London (Gatwick too) in the next 6m   Check for engineering works.Mostly weekends.      And your local office /online alerts as to other last minute cuts. Watch for premium charges if using mobile info.

Weve ditched the train and joined a coach going to the same event.   Phew...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Coach is a killer though.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Jenny105, I'll go to Gatwick in a couple of weeks and will make sure to check for engineering works beforehand! I remember having to take 2 buses and a train once because of engineering works on that line and it was quite an adventure ... hope you had fun at Proms in the Park though smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

When my parents arrived to my place from Gatwick, it took them 4 hours in total, without engineering works. They didn't really believe me when I said it might take a while if they don't use the more expensive train route...  neutral

Message 4 of 4