Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

animated-the-beatles-image-0004.gif

Thank you

That's better wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 371 of 374

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To @Bambino ; @Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @pgn ; @MI5 ; @jonsie ; and @MusicIan 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 372 of 374

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

To @Bambino ; @Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @pgn ; @MI5 ; @jonsie ; and @MusicIan 

cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 373 of 374

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Congratulations @Bambino very well done.

And thank you @Mi-Amigo it was great fun and very nostalgic. Had me singing my favourite Beatles' tracks for days. Not to mention bringing back great memories of my youth.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 374 of 374