Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Beethoven in Roll Over Beethoven.
Message 191 of 374

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Magill in the song Rocky Raccoon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 192 of 374

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MusicIan wrote:

Please note as I am having trouble and stress finding names now my friend Arthur Wood has kindly offered to change his first name to Norwegian. 

joyLOL Very good @MusicIan 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 193 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to be clear, I was talking about first name and surname.

For instance if the name Joe had been correctly answered and later in the same song Joe Bloggs (same person) was mentioned, would it be ok to answer with Joe Bloggs @Mi-Amigo ?

You have raised a very good question.

OK this is my judgement.

If the first name only is given first in the song [in your example Joe], and later in the same song, it says the same first name and the surname [in your example Joe Bloggs] then I would say that the full name clairifies who the person is.

So in such a case - I will allow it.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 194 of 374

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

This may be stretching it a bit but Albert in the song A Day in the Life

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 195 of 374

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Albert Hall is a well known and respected plumber up here......

Message 196 of 374

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@MusicIan wrote:

smiling 👍

Message 197 of 374

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Deleted by me

Message 198 of 374

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@MusicIan wrote:

Along with his buddy, Armitage Shanks, no doubt.   LOL

Message 199 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Hi guys.

Tonight the results and list of found names will be posted very early.

The reason is that last night I had no sleep due to a burst radiator in my bedroom and had to spend all night awake and because I cannot lift heavy objects had to keep emptying a suacepan full of water every five minutes. I phoned the letting agents in the morning and a plumber has been to shut off the water to the radiator. Although I have grabbed a few minutes sleep before and after my carer came at tea-time, I am shattered and will be going to bed after posting this information.

I realise that this is very early and hope that in the circulstance you willl forgive me.

Please post your answers for Thurs 21 March afer midnight tonight - even though the results wer up early.

Thank you 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 200 of 374